Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Misawa/Kobashi coming to the UK HOLY S**T!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Bazuki

4th row streamer, still waiting on VIP tickets

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Anyone book accommodation yet? Ive decided I am not slumming it, so am most likely going to book The Ibis, or The Ramada Jarvis. Both are only about €75 a night.

gimmick wrote: »
    Anyone book accommodation yet? Ive decided I am not slumming it, so am most likely going to book The Ibis, or The Ramada Jarvis. Both are only about €75 a night.

yeah chances are I will be staying in the Ibis -and its only a short distance from the event - so plenty of time for beveraging too :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

We're staying at the Menzies Leofric. Apprantly it's only 10 mins from the Sky Dome. 90 euro a night. Only found out after I booked it that it's four star. Bollix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Oh yeah, accommodation...

We're staying at the Menzies Leofric. Apprantly it's only 10 mins from the Sky Dome. 90 euro a night. Only found out after I booked it that it's four star. Bollix.

Whats the problem with a little luxury? Though I checked that place today and its over £100 of her majestys.
    yeah chances are I will be staying in the Ibis -and its only a short distance from the event - so plenty of time for beveraging too

I might go ahead and book this place. Seems an easy option. Probably only doing a hit and run one nighter though, as I will only be back from sun holiday and can't flah the situation at work. The Cork - Brum flight times are a balls. BMI is at 10.30pm and Aer Lingus is 1.20pm. Meh, Ill figure it out.

EDIT: it was figured out for me. Flights sold out Friday, so going for the weekend. Spring break i guess. Woo.

Whats the problem with a little luxury? Though I checked that place today and its over £100 of her majestys.

I've got about 20 packets of Kona Noodles upstairs, you think I give two ****s about luxury? ;)

Booked the Ibis. Works out at €130 for 2 nights. Not going to find cheaper than that unless i go next door the Formule 1, but I stayed at one of them before and would rather never again.

• Advertisement

Taiji Ishimori, Kotaro Suzuki and Bison Smith have been added to the show, and the meet and greet. Apparantly now they'll be sending out the tickets and 8x10's soon. :)

I see Ricky Marvin has been taken off the meet and greet, and the show. I'm sad :( I thought he'd have recovered from his broken leg by then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Snake Nose

flahavaj wrote: »
    Good God. So who's going!? A lifetimes dream willbe achieved going to this!:eek::D
    You do know they were both already in the Skydome in 2005, yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Snake Nose wrote: »

Yeah, but not at the same time! That's why this tour is going to rule. It would rule that little bit more if Marvin was at it. Im pissed he's not going to be at it cos I was thinking they might do a tag tournament of some sort. Watching Suzuki without Marvin just wont be as good.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

Its going to be great cannot wait for this got my tickets already which was way faster than any of the coventry shows in '05. Cannot wait for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Snake Nose wrote: »

I guess its safe to assume from my excitement that I wasn't, smartarse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭McConnon

I'm assuming everyone got their streamer seats alright? Mine were posted out on the 14th of January but I never recieved them. Gonna visit the post office now for 2pm, see what the craic is.

*Sorry, double posted. This message can be deleted*

McConnon wrote: »
    I'm assuming everyone got their streamer seats alright? Mine were posted out on the 14th of January but I never recieved them. Gonna visit the post office now for 2pm, see what the craic is.

Same here, but bleacher seats

again - 4 rows from ringside yay :)

*insert smugness*

I have a spare streamer seat in row 2. Just want face value of the ticket.

• Advertisement

ah tickets - check
    flights - check
    hotel - check
    quality show - check
    beer for pre and post show shennanigans - check

oh yeah - inform girlfriend am going away - er...oops ;)

Kobashi's doctor gave him the all clear last week to work full time tours, so it's looking good

Thios is going to be the greatest thing. Bear in mind i have been drinking, butm y god this is going to rule so hard it's not even funny.

I have a spare streamer seat in row 2. Just want face value of the ticket.

Still got that ticket gimmick? Mine haven't arrived and A-Merchandise haven't answered my last two emails.

Did you try ringing them? Also what did your post office say?

Still got that ticket gimmick? Mine haven't arrived and A-Merchandise haven't answered my last two emails.

Yup, still got it.

actually you are better off doing the following

a. check paypal/credit card to make sure payment was taken for the tickets
    b. if so, then ring them, and say you havent recieved the tickets, can they cancel the ones they sent out, and resend you yours.

Ph3n0m wrote: »

b. if so, then ring them, and say you havent recieved the tickets, can they cancel the ones they sent out, and resend you yours.

I'm going to wait until they've sent out the VIP tickets and then get back to them about the tickets that I haven't got yet

How many people are going to go to this ? If there are alot we could all arrange to go together maybe even save some money .

Ph3n0m wrote: »

Thanks for the advice. Got my paypal receipt so the payment it was taken. Gonna gave them a ring first thing in the morning, there number on the site is 023 9229 7788 so it's 0044 23 9229 7788 I have to ring isn't it? Been awhile since I've had to make a phone call to England.

Could anyone confirm that A-Merchandise sent the tickets via registered post?

• Advertisement

Gerard.C wrote: »

The streamers to me look like something that you get free with the programme, they'd probably charge a tenner for it anyway. Plus I'm guessing it can be hard to figure out where to buy streamers sometimes

Got my VIP tickets for the meet and greet today in the post as well as the photos to get signed. Extremely impressed with the whole package, very professionally done indeed. The pics, when signed will make fantastic mementos, I'll definitely be framing the Misawa and Kobashi ones.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Got my VIP tickets for the meet and greet today in the post as well as the photos to get signed. Extremely impressed with the whole package, very professionally done indeed. The pics, when signed will make fantastic mementos, I'll definitely be framing the Misawa and Kobashi ones.

Same here as I just said in the other thread. I thought Nigel was part of the meet and greet? Maybe I just skipped past his photo. I wonder how many of the Japanese guys can speak English? Can the Briscoes?

Still undecided will i bother with the meet and greet. These things tend to be shoddily organized. Though the way the organization for this has gone so far, it will most likely be very well done.

Cut and pasted from the official site:

"Main Event: Mitsuharu Misawa/Naomichi Marufuji v Kenta Kobashi/Go Shiozaki

If there is one series of matches that has been seen as 'legendary' in Japan , it is the Misawa/Kobashi series. Ever since Kobashi debuted in the late 1980s, these two wrestling legends have faced each other in both singles and tag matches-and the resulting matches have never been anything less than spectacular.

Each and every time these two have faced each other over the past two decades, it is a surefire match of the year candidate. With Kenta Kobashi having reached near godlike status after his return from cancer this past year, and entering his twentieth year in the wrestling business, and Mitsuharu Misawa having recently lost the GHC Heavyweight championship to Takeshi Morishima, this first meeting of the two in the UK will be an important one for both.

As such, expect both of these legendary competitors to be putting forward their best efforts to gain victory against the other in their first UK battle on June 21st. If you like hard chops, elbows and lariats then this is the confrontation you have been waiting to see live all your life. Couple that with deadly moves such as the burning hammer and the Emerald Frosion, and this is a matchup that redefines a dream match. If you came to see the very best that NOAH has to offer, then this is what you came to see.

Each man will not be alone in their tag match though. Partnering Misawa will be Naomichi Marufuji. A former GHC Heavyweight champion in his own right, Marufuji has held every title that NOAH has had to offer. The only "grand slam" champion in NOAH, Marufuji most recently gained the GHC Heavyweight Tag belts with Takashi Suguira. A visitor to UK shores before, UK fans have borne witness to spectacular battles between Marufuji and Doug Williams in both singles and tag action, and have seen proof of why Marufuji is one of the most respected competitors in the world today. Marufuji will bring his highflying style to the main event on June 21st.

Kenta Kobashi has selected for his partner Go Shiozaki. Another man familiar to UK audiences due to a number of UK visits in the past (including appearances with Ring of Honor on their UK shows), Shiozaki represents the future of Pro Wrestling NOAH. Go Shiozaki is currently one of the top prospects in NOAH, and many are regarding him as a sure bet for future GHC Heavyweight champion. Go Shoizaki is one of the most exciting young competitors in the world today, and four years into his career is already looking to take the next step to being at a level of Kobashi or Misawa. June 21's main event could be another step to helping him fulfil that dream.

Whether you want to see the true legends of Japanese wrestling in Misawa and Kobashi, the future of the business in Go Shiozaki or the dramatic highflying skills of Naomichi Marufuji, the main event of NOAH's European Navigation 2008 will exceed any and all expectations.

2 More Major Names Announced..

Jun Akiyama

Akiyama debuted in 1992 and has been one of the elite in-ring wresters in the industry ever since. Akiyama transferred his amateur wrestling credentials into the squared circle with ease, and before long he was appearing in main events for All Japan Pro Wrestling. Akiyama has had many incredible matches during his career and has held the GHC World and tag titles on two occasions each. Akiyama’s signature move is the Exploder suplex.

Yoshinobu Kanemaru

The current GHC Junior Heavyweight Champion is the most decorated junior heavyweight in Pro Wrestling NOAH history. The 31-year-old has won the GHC World junior heavyweight title on an unprecedented 4 occasions. In addition, Kanemaru has also held the GHC junior heavyweight tag team titles twice as well as New Japan’s IWGP junior heavyweight tag belts. Kanemaru is renowned for his vast arsenal of moves, which include the moonsault, Deep Impact and Touch Out brainbuster."

Jesus, getting to see Kobashi and Misawa square off is going to be incredible.

And Akiyama being booked is great, another bone fide legend to add to the list.

This show is going to out of this world insane.

I still have a spare row b streamer seat if anyone is interested, or knows anyone who might be.

Also, there seems to be a second, smaller show about to be announced for Oxford on Sunday 22nd. Unfortunately, I will no way be able to swing that one.

Second match announced, and it looks like it could be a humdinger - Its The Briscoes Vs Nigel McGuinness & Doug Williams.

Its beginning to look like I may not be able to go to this show at all. To that end, I have 2 streamer seats for sale. Face value or a decent offer.

Oh god this show will be unreal! You're going to miss a good 'un, Gimmick :(

• Advertisement

Briscoes and Nigel/Williams will do nicely. Was kinda hoping to see Briscoes go for the Jr tag titles, but mustn't complain. Not a great fan opf Williams, but i'm glad to see him in a tag rather than a singles.

Got an e-mail there saying the hotel was staying at has been sold to another company! ****ing dickheads. Now I'm staying at the Royal Court Hotel. Anyone else staying here by any chance?

I'm not sure if I've got accommodation yet, I'm not in charge of that!

In case anyone hasn't heard, Mark Briscoe is off the show. He had to get wrist surgery. Austin Aries has replaced him as Jay's partner in ROH, don't know if he'll get added to this show or if they'll change the matches in some other way

Ah **** it anyway, didn't hear that! Won't be the same without him. :(

Looks like the worries I had of not being able to go are now gone. Looking forward to it now. Not that far away either.

What are people doing? Fri - Sun, or Sat - Mon. There is actually a second show happening in Oxford on Sunday with a fair bit of the bigger talent involved in that as well.

I am flying out Friday lunchtime, Cork to Brum, and home Sunday lunchtime ish. Staying at the Ibis. I would home there will be something on in Coventry on Friday night, otherwise its cans for me on my ownio in my room, with my small DVD player.

Looks like we'll be flying together then ;)

• Advertisement

Sold my tickets for this. Just could not justify the expense. Of course, now aer lingus get the benefit of my payment as they don't refund, only taxes :rolleyes:. Plus City are at home to Ramblers in the league on the 20th.

I'll probably end up regretting not going, but what can you do?

That's a pity

The matches announced so far are:

Kobashi & Shiozaki vs Misawa & Marufuji
    Morishima & Yone vs Akiyama & Bison Smith
    Izumida & Kikuchi vs Wade Fitzgerald & Martin Stone
    Aoki vs Joel Redman

And there's still KENTA, Jay Briscoe, Eddie Edwards, Nigel McGuinness, Bryan Danielson, Doug Williams, Kotaro Suzuki, Taiji Ishimori, Yoshinobu Kanemaru and Mark Briscoe's replacement to be in matches

Mark Briscoe will still be at the meet and greet, but not wrestling

EDIT: Just read that it's McGuinness & Williams vs Sugiura & Suzuki

The card in full:

Joel Redman vs Atsushi Aoki

Tsuyoshi Kikuchi and Jun Izmuda vs Wade Fitzgerald and Martin Stone

Takeshi Sugiura and Kotaro Suzuki vs Doug Williams and Nigel McGuiness

Takeshi Morishima and Muhammad Yone vs Jun Akiyama and Bison Smith

GHC Jr Tag championship: KENTA/Taiji Ishimori © v Bryan Danielson/Eddie Edwards

GHC Jr Heavyweight Championship: Yoshinobu Kanemaru © v Jay Briscoe

Mitsuharu Misawa/Naomichi Marufuji v Kenta Kobashi/Go Shiozaki

By NOAH's own standards thats a stronger undercard than you'd normally get, with not even one ****ty throwaway 6-man.

Outside of the first 2 matches (I know next to nothing of the Brits involved outside of Martin Stone)., the other 5 matches have potential ranging from very good to amazing. Really looking forward to this now, can't believe its only a few weeks away.:)

That's a great card!!! Delighted Dragon and KENTA are in the same match!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Anyone need a ticket for this? There were three of us going but one of the lads pulled out. By the way, where are people staying? I still gotta get the accomodation sorted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement