Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Misawa/Kobashi coming to the UK HOLY S**T!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

I'm in the Royal Court Hotel. No idea how far it is from the SkyDome, i booked another hotel but we were moved to this one. Can't wait for this now! Is everyone going to teh meet and greet too, yeah?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭Double C

Not me unfortunately, were getting flights around lunchtime on saturday so I'd say we'll dump our stuff at the hotel and go drinking and get a feed before the show starts. The boardsies should meet up for a pint beforehand.

I was thinking after it would be better, but in saying that I'll be out before it too. I take it everyone will be out after it though, yeah? :) I'd love to buy Kobashi a pint.

I certainly hope so! After the last ROH shows in Liverpool there was this dirty club next door. It was £16 in and drinks were rfree all night. It was mad seeing Joe and Homicide and Gabe and Cary and all knocking them back. The Briscoes kept going outside for crafty joints too! That was a good laugh, I wouldn't mind something similar after this show.

Haha, that sounds good to me! Was that advertised beforehand, or was it just a case of the boys wanted to go on the lash, fans or no fans? Hopefully they'll be out after it.

I think they just went there out of convienence. There were flyers in the Olympià if I remember correctly, although me remembering anything correctly that night is a bit of a long shot to be honest :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I'm not sure where I'm staying, one of my mates booked it. They said that after the meet and greet you get moved to the bar area until the show starts. Sounds good to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭McConnon

My Streamer replacement tickets came today. Really looking forward to this show... just hope the passports get here in time :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

What a f*cking night - absolute great night of wrestling, plenty of stiff shots, some great moves (Flacon Arrow from the top rope was pretty memorable). Even the dark match was cool.

Glad I went over - ****ty flight on the way back - damn you turbulence :)

Overall NOAH put on a great show, really enjoyed it - except for some asshole hitting me with a bottle (luckily it was plastic)

Best wrestling show I've ever been to. It was a lot of fun. That Danielson/Edwards vs KENTA/Ishimori match was something else, really good match. Danielson was especially good, the way he kept dodging KENTA was great

I would've got behind McGuinness and Williams only the fact that they had Vindaloo as their entrance music convinced me that I had to cheer on Sugiura and Suzuki!

It was really cool to see Misawa and Kobashi wrestle in person. The reactions they got were amazing. Meeting Kobashi was great too. He never stopped smiling the whole time I was at the meet and greet! Looked like he enjoyed meeting the fans

I was talking to Jay Briscoe and Danielson for a good while because there was a long hold up in the queue, I think some Japanese fans were talking to all the Japanese wrestlers. Sound guys! They seemed pretty tired but you wouldn't notice it during the show. Morishima's great too, he looks so much like a giant baby when he smiles! I didn't hear why Misawa wasn't at the meet and greet, I wanted to see if I could make him smile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Fozzy wrote: »
    Best wrestling show I've ever been to. It was a lot of fun. That Danielson/Edwards vs KENTA/Ishimori match was something else, really good match. Danielson was especially good, the way he kept dodging KENTA was great

I would've got behind McGuinness and Williams only the fact that they had Vindaloo as their entrance music convinced me that I had to cheer on Sugiura and Suzuki!

It was really cool to see Misawa and Kobashi wrestle in person. The reactions they got were amazing. Meeting Kobashi was great too. He never stopped smiling the whole time I was at the meet and greet! Looked like he enjoyed meeting the fans

I was talking to Jay Briscoe and Danielson for a good while because there was a long hold up in the queue, I think some Japanese fans were talking to all the Japanese wrestlers. Sound guys! They seemed pretty tired but you wouldn't notice it during the show. Morishima's great too, he looks so much like a giant baby when he smiles! I didn't hear why Misawa wasn't at the meet and greet, I wanted to see if I could make him smile

Misawa was there, man. At least he was when i was at it, at around half two? And he did smile when the guy in front of me took his pen and I told him to hit him a few elbows.:) As did Morishima when I told him he was a fine lump of a man and should be hurling county for Waterford but I'm pretty certain he hadn't a ****ing rashers what i was going on about.

It was an amazing weekend. As Fozzy said meeting Kobashi and Misawa and watching them wrestle live ws the fulfilment of a liferime's dream for me and a memory I will treasure forever.

The show itself was excellent. Typically of NOAH the show built slowly. Match of the Night was the Jr Tag match. KENTA was incredible and those kicks are just brutal. Danielson was his usual brilliant self. Eddie Edwards was a revelation for me, I haven't seen a any of his latest ROH work and only his early stuff in NOAH but he looked really good last night and definitely warrants a full time spot on the ROH roster.

I was impressed with Bison Smith too, I'd never thought much of him in the past but he looked really motivated last night and the run up from the ramp and dive into the ring was very impressive for a big man. Poor Morishima was visibly injured and to compound his misery, his gear never arrived and he was forced to wrestle in his normal clothes. Fair play to him for even coming out and he even took some bumps to the floor that would have done no good for an injured ankle.

The GHC Junior title was a bit poor to be honest and only reinforced the view that Jay Briscoe should stick to tag team wrestling. A very disjointed effort with a complete lack of chemistry between the wrestlers.

The Main Event was amazing. The pop for Misawa and Kobashi's entrances was immense and hearing Spartan X live sent shivers down my spine. A great match in which everyone worked hard. Misawa's forearms are ridiculously stiff in person, he really dishes it out in the ring. And I marked hard for Kobashi's machine gun chops. Marufuji was incredible in this one too. Like Morishima he was reduced to wrestling in his normal clothes, yet he turned in a fantastic display. He's got to be a top 5 worker in the world right now, hes been on fire for the past 6 months.

All in all a great weekends entertainment. The only black spot on the evening was a bunch of cun*ts from Portugal who insisted on chanting unfunny ****e all night in a vain attempt to get attention. As if wearing sunglasses in a dimly lit arena wasn't going to gather enough attention. Twats.

Oh and Gerard is an awful pup, but a sound one.;)

Also had a great few hours i the boozer with the old regulars from the ROH bus trip a few years back. At one stage with closing time rapidly approaching there were 28 pints on the table! Suffice to say, when the boot ugly landlady fired us out, there were significantly less. Good times.

flahavaj wrote: »
    Misawa was there, man. At least he was when i was at it, at around half two?

I wasn't in there til around half three I think, no Misawa in sight. I was hoping Nigel would be signing, I was going to ask him to do a card trick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

I really shouldn't have clicked into this thread. I'm going mad I didn't save a few bob earlier in the year so I could make sure I got to go to this!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

anyone see me there? I was the guy in the red Dragon football jersey, sitting in block C - ducking bottle ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭jesusjones

Didnt go to the meet and greet but the show itself was brillant. I am a Eddie Edwards fan now myself after the stiff beating he got from Kenta and the Main event was probably the best match I have ever seen in person. Weird seeing Marifuji with curly hair and Morishima in shorts basically and he was pissy after one of the portoguese lads kept heckling him for some reason and after the match the stare Mori gave your man was priceless overall though I hope they do come back and the show is going to be available through A Merchandise as well which is a double bonus. I just hope I dont have to see Wade Fitzgerald again the poor lad was out of his depth and everyone let him know it!

Ph3n0m wrote: »
    anyone see me there? I was the guy in the red Dragon football jersey, sitting in block C - ducking bottle ;)

Row 4? I'd say i was just over from you. Near the lads who kept shouting KENTA in that ****ing brilliant voice!!?

Aboslutely loved this show! Had a lot of fun at it and a great night afterwards. Me and my mate arrived late for it, half way through the dark match, so we had to kick some poor chaps out of our front row seats, tough break for them! I was a bit dissapointed that Morishima and Akiyama had such small roles to play in thier match, but its fair enough if Morishima was injured. Jay Briscoe's match wasn't too impressive either and seemed to end at the first available time.

Danielson was such an asshole for cutting off the Final Countdown, he deserved to be booed all night, but he's just too damn good to boo! I got great footage on my phone (dont tell anyone!) of KENTA kicking the living **** out of Edwards. The tag title match was just awesome, fantastic from start to finish.

I actually totally bought into Nigel and Doug and was up singing "Were gonna score more goals than you!!", but just chanted some random country after, "Croatia!!" :D The other two guys in this were hilarious, the head on the less fat lad was brilliant!

The main event was what we all came to see and it really didn't disappoint. The electricity during the entrances was incredible. They came to fight too, I kind of expected a half arsed effort from them but they were great, particularly Kobashi. It was awesome to see the chops in person, even better to see him dump Misawa on his head! Marufuji was great too, even though I hardly recognised him with his new haircut. He really played up to the crowd well. At the start of the match he was flexing his pecs Ahmed Johnson style but he soon stopped after a few chops! It was a great match and think it went over 30 minutes which was great.

Great craic afterwards in that pub too, it was great to meet the lads again, never mind the 28 pints on the table!! Poor Sean though, I know chugging the jugs of beer was a bad idea :) Had plenty of fun on the streets after too, hitting eachother chops with giant purple foam hands! Great weeknend overall and can't wait for the next one!

Double C wrote: »
    Had plenty of fun on the streets after too, hitting eachother chops with giant purple foam hands!

Haha, Kobashi was doing that to some people at the meet and greet, one guy had to get a few photos taken because Kobashi kept raising the hand to chop him and it would block out his face from the photo. He was laughing away at it

Fozzy wrote: »
    Haha, Kobashi was doing that to some people at the meet and greet, one guy had to get a few photos taken because Kobashi kept raising the hand to chop him and it would block out his face from the photo. He was laughing away at it

One of the things that will stay with me from this weekend was Kobashi's whole demeanour throughout the meet and greet. Here's an absolute legend of the wrestling world with more bone fide great matches than just about anyone ever, yet he threw himself wholeheartedly into meeting the fans and seemed genuinely happy to be there. His childlike enthusiasm for meeting people, the huge smile that never once left his lips and the obvious pleasure he too from making people happy was an example for us all.

They say that meeting your heroes is a guaranteed way to deflate the elevated opinion you may have of them: just like so many other times in life Kobashi bucked the trend and whereas before it was his work as a wrestler that endeared him to us all, now we can also cherish spending even a few precious minutes in the company of this remarkable man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭michael.etc...

flahavaj wrote: »
    One of the things that will stay with me from this weekend was Kobashi's whole demeanour throughout the meet and greet. Here's an absolute legend of the wrestling world with more bone fide great matches than just about anyone ever, yet he threw himself wholeheartedly into meeting the fans and seemed genuinely happy to be there. His childlike enthusiasm for meeting people, the huge smile that never once left his lips and the obvious pleasure he too from making people happy was an example for us all.

Could not agree more. Kobashi was fantastically friendly to everyone, and an absolute joy.
    I just posted my review of the show on PWinsider if anyone is interested. Thought it was an excellent night's entertainment!

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=31771&p=1

Could not agree more. Kobashi was fantastically friendly to everyone, and an absolute joy.
    I just posted my review of the show on PWinsider if anyone is interested. Thought it was an excellent night's entertainment!

http://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=31771&p=1

Excellent, excellent write up, man. I honestly agreed with just about everything you wrote there, you summed the whole experience up better than just about anyone else I've read so far on any site. Great effort.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭McConnon

Double C wrote: »
    Aboslutely loved this show! Had a lot of fun at it and a great night afterwards. Me and my mate arrived late for it, half way through the dark match, so we had to kick some poor chaps out of our front row seats, tough break for them!...

Think that might have been the brother and me, infact I'm sure of it :pac: