Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quick Q... which one is better (Graphics Card)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Id go for the GTS.. My reason behind it is your getting a 22" and your going to need the better one and nvidia seem to be better than ATI to date..

Saying this I could be wrong.. The ATI card has a bigger memory which is what you really need.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

umm.. so you are saying i should get both LOL.. ok.. I was going with the GTS in the 1st place.. but i dont know ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,044 ✭✭✭Sqaull20

Go with the radeon,more memory,faster card,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Now that I look at the specs of the ATI card it does look alot better! Either way now I dont think you can go wrong!

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Went with the
    PowerColor Radeon HD 3870 "PCS" 512MB, GDDR4, PCI-Express 2.0, 2xDVI/HDMI/HDCP

Should have all my stuff on Wednesday :) cost a little over €1050 for all i got ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 999 ✭✭✭cregser

The 3870 PCS is supposed to be very noisy because it comes with a fancy cooler that is stuck on full power. It's not a whole lot better than the cheaper/quieter non-PCS version.

I don't know what to make of the 8800GTS 320MB. It seems like a decent price for it but it's an old-ish model and the memory is a bit low.

For myself, I'm waiting for the 8800GT 512MB to come back into stock. We're at a stage of the year were online shops have sold all there best stock over the holiday period. All they have left is what nobady wanted, and seems to be what you're picking from if your want to buy right NOW...

edit: too slow:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Agree with above, wait it out for a GT.

the GTS 320MB and 640MB are not really viable options anymore as the GT beats them for price/performance.

Although with limited stock from both players, its a tough time to be buying a GFX card.

Advertisement