Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom connection fee ?

Options
  • 06-01-2008 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭

folks, does anyone know when eircom introduced the €30 connection fee ?? :confused:

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,120 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Damn, seems you're right. I'm pretty sure that until recently ordering bb online meant free connection, though seems no more.

I know that free line connection was available until the end of last December, when the offer expired. Maybe same for the BB connection.

I'll have to get a new eircom line in the next few weeks for BB, so this isn't good news. I'll have to pay €50 line connection and now another €30 for BB connection (assuming line passes) :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Dunno.
    Although, Home Professional 3Mb Always On has free installation. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

Blood pressure is on the rise atm !

I ordered in late dec, when it was free connection, and they lost the order. reordered the other day 4/jan and now see its 30 bucks connection ! Tried to call them and they dont work sundays !

Its the Principle ! Truth be told i would have paid 300 to have it installed, shhhhhhhhh !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

I too need to get the line connected - €50
    and now €30 for BB connection

But, Eircom say that there will be free connection on the phoneline from the 9th - so maybe the BB connection fee will be dropped also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

eircom are always doing promotions where they waive the connection fee on phone lines and broadband. The standard connection fee for broadband used to be 100 euro when I fist got it, so be glad it's only 30 now. It may well be zero again next week though, you never know when they'll waive it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

jor el wrote: »
    eircom are always doing promotions where they waive the connection fee on phone lines and broadband. The standard connection fee for broadband used to be 100 euro when I fist got it, so be glad it's only 30 now. It may well be zero again next week though, you never know when they'll waive it again.

Care to elaborate on the promotions they are always doing ?

It has been free connection for the last 2/3 years, before that it was €100.

byte

keith_d99 wrote: »
    But, Eircom say that there will be free connection on the phoneline from the 9th - so maybe the BB connection fee will be dropped also
    Ooh, interesting. Sure hope so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

oleras wrote: »
    Care to elaborate on the promotions they are always doing ?

It has been free connection for the last 2/3 years, before that it was €100.

On phone lines and broadband. Sometimes there's a connection fee and sometimes it's free. Nothing to elaborate on really.

New PSTN is free from today - also connection to broadband packages is apparently free online also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,520 ✭✭✭stanley1

keith_d99 wrote: »
    New PSTN is free from today - also connection to broadband packages is apparently free online also

Nope, still says €29.99 connection charge, maybe 3mb is free.

• Advertisement

Yeah looks like Eircom confusing people again - sales staff say 2mb package is free when you sign up online

If you go to the main page - then click "Latest Offers"

It says:
    Order eircom broadband, home professional before April 4rd 2008 and get
    FREE wireless modem worth €98.99 (inc VAT).
    FREE connection worth €29.99 (inc VAT) for online orders only.

Then when you go to order it says €29.99

Hard to know for sure really

On Closer inspection it could be just the 3mb package
    Although sales staff assure me that the 2mb bundle is also free

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

The site says:

Order eircom broadband, home professional before April 4rd 2008 and get
    FREE wireless modem worth €98.99 (inc VAT).
    FREE connection worth €29.99 (inc VAT) for online orders only.

It seems to offer free connection on the 3Mb package only.

Connection for 2mb package is indeed free!

When you order online you get the following message:

The € 0 price displayed above represents your FREE connection to eircom broadband.

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭beerbaron

Great stuff Keith, BT want to charge me €45 for a wireless modem, Im calling eircom now

It's only free if you do it through the website - they will charge you if you order on the phone

I took a screenshot of my confirmation also - just in case the "29.99" majically appears on my bill!!!

byte

Great news! Now if only they'd lower their line rental :)

Update:
    After ordering Eircom broadband at start of Jan (8th I think)
    The order confirmation page said:

"The € 0 price displayed above represents your FREE connection to eircom broadband."

Surprise surprise, I get my bill, they are trying to charge me 29.95 - saying the promotion ended 4th Jan!

Website said I was getting free connection - not my fault that they had not updated their website!

Luckily I took a screenshot of the order confirmation page - just in case!

And I bet they will have an argument with me on this!

If it was any other company I wouldn't give a sh - but since it's Eircom .....

Advertisement