Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

xbox 360

• 06-01-2008 8:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

I turned the xbox 360 from vertical to hrizontal position with a playing game inside(Guitar Hero 3),the game is not working anymore and has a very distinctive circle shape scratch.when trying to play the game after this the console said that it couldnt recognise the game .On advice by xbox and also a local game shop,i have not been playing the console .xbox is sending a sticker which i should attatch to parcel which i should send the console in .What do yall think i should do?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Theres nothing wrong with the console. Its well know that if you turn the 360 with a disc in the disc gets scratched. They even have a sticker on the front of the machine when you get it new warning about this.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Its well know that if you turn the 360 with a disc in the disc gets scratched

Really?
    I got mine just before xmas and had no such warnings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Eh...Why did you move it while you were playing? You're lucky you didn't damage your 360

I don't think there are warnings on the 360, but surely common sense would suggest that you don't do this?

Dcully wrote: »
    Really?
    I got mine just before xmas and had no such warnings.

Mine was made in June and my brothers elite both had an orange sticker over the dvd drive that you had to remove before the drive would open.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

It was your own fault for moving the console and there is a sticker on the dvd tray when you buy a new console which says it's not to be moved while powered on. OP tough luck, go out and buy a new game because it's not the manufacturers fault or the software company to blame.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    Mine was made in June and my brothers elite both had an orange sticker over the dvd drive that you had to remove before the drive would open.
    I've had mine since Launch, I leave discs in it all the time and have never had this problem.

Only thing I have heard is that if you move the 360 with a disc inside whilst it is turned on, the disc will get ruined.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Timans wrote: »
    I've had mine since Launch, I leave discs in it all the time and have never had this problem.

Only thing I have heard is that if you move the 360 with a disc inside whilst it is turned on, the disc will get ruined.

Which is what the OP said he did.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Timans

Pacifico wrote: »
    Which is what the OP said he did.....
    And that is all I have heard with regards to the scratching of games.

I meant to say when it was turned on ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

My 2 360's and my brothers all had the sticker over the drive saying not to move the console wile a game in inside the drive (and its on). So Ciaran500 you weren't imagining it.

OP it sucks but you'll just have to buy another copy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

What made you think your damaged disc, would mean your xbox was broken? :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

My bad Ciaran500,i misunderstood you.
    I thought you were saying that you can damage a disc when you simply power on the 360 when there is a disk in the tray.

I see now you meant not to move when powered on with a disc inside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 magictrickz

i got my xbox 360 for christmas ,and in my excitement i just teared off the sticker and i just only looked at the sticker a minute ago and it was the dont move console whilst disc is inside warning sticker!.So as for my console although it is playing the fan noise has gotten louder than it was before the incident,the console also makes the same unnerving noise whenever i turn it on(This noise started after the incident).some of yall are saying there is no problem wit the console,so should i just start playing on it?
    Is the Guitar hero 3(the only game that broke)covered in any sort of disc replacement program?its made by activision but my dad called this xbox helpline and they said that activsion is owned by microsoft? also i forget to mention that you can hear something very small move when you slightly shake it?

You can't do anything about the game due to your own stupidity of 1) not reading the sticker and 2) moving the console. The part moving is a ball bearing of sort which detects which way the console is situated. So go out and get a new GHIII and play with the console.

how much is that?
    are you from englang?i am too i moved to ireland 3 years ago from lincolnshire but i was born in london

About €60 I'd say. I travel over every week for the football matches.

how is it put inside to u need to pay someone to do it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

?? €60 for GHIII which is Guitar Hero 3, you don't need to put any part in to your console, just games.
    Your console doesn't seem broken, just the game disk is scratched

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭baztard

I turned the xbox 360 from vertical to hrizontal position with a playing game inside(Guitar Hero 3),the game is not working anymore and has a very distinctive circle shape scratch.when trying to play the game after this the console said that it couldnt recognise the game .On advice by xbox and also a local game shop,i have not been playing the console .xbox is sending a sticker which i should attatch to parcel which i should send the console in .What do yall think i should do?

The same happened to me when I bought my xbox360 (It was 2nd hand so no warning sticker on it). It destroyed the Gears of War disc I bought with it. I brought the xbox and disc back to gamestop where I'd bought it. They explained the whole 'don't move the console with a disc in it' situation, and replaced the disc for me. The xbox makes quite a bit of noise now when running. Although it probably did before anyway, I'm just more conscious of it now. Anyway, it works fine, its a problem with all of them you just need to be careful of.

makes you crinch dont it ,we you can hear your console makes noises it shouldnt be making,its very worrying!.
    so they replaced the game,the only thing is i live in kerry and my parents got my xbox 360 in belfast on a trip and my gh3 was bought where i live(they were bought separately !) so i probably just going to have to buy a new copy of gh3,its worth it though i love that game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 895 ✭✭✭brav

If they replaced the game, why do you have to buy a new game?

Advertisement