Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Electricity problems Swords (Applewood)

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

I heard it was gone again last night for an hour and a half :eek:

When my mate called the ESB they said they didnt know what the problem was and didnt have a fix time :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Lady_North wrote: »
    I am in an area of Rivervalley that loses power all the time. My hubby just came in and told me that Ridgewood, and half of Rivervalley is without power, AGAIN!!! I am just surprised that ours has not gone off. I will wait patiently. It probably will.............

I'd just finished my dinner in Ridgewood when it went Monday night, ended up going to bed.

What pissed me off was the apartments right across the road from me had full power.

I suspect the ESB are using vandalism to cover up for the fact that their infrastructure can't handle the load of all of the development in Swords over the last few years.

Here's hoping their €0.5m goes some way to sorting the problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭Shred

I suspect the ESB are using vandalism to cover up for the fact that their infrastructure can't handle the load of all of the development in Swords over the last few years.

I'm in Rivervalley for just over 3.5 years and this is what I've long suspected to be the truth. We must have lost power 20 times in the 3.5 years we've been here and then I don't know how many more additional times when we've come home to see the cooker clock flashing etc:mad: I was listening to Newstalk just before Christmas when there were the major outages in West Dublin and a guy from the ESB was on saying they are unable to guarantee supply due to the massive demands on the network. I've raised complaints with the ESB before (including one time when it went for 3 hours 2 days in a row) and just got the usual crap about vandalism etc back. I'm sick and tired of it at this stage and I'm going to look into getting a small diesel generator or something as the ESB simply can't be relied upon.

Anybody tried emailing their customer services to try and get a goodwill gesture put on their bill for the inconvenience caused?

Well considering the generic response I got whenever I raised a complaint I reckon it'd be a waste of time tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭Extraplus

I wouldn't hold your breath for any type of a refund from ESB.

In fact, after getting sick of the constant dips, mini cuts and full on cuts I decided to ring ESB customer Service each and every time there was an issue so they were aware of the problems and might work towards a permanent fix.

The attitude I got mostly was 'Well if it is back working now, whats your problem?' or 'None of your neighbours have complained'. Once, when the power had gone 3 times in one day (only for 2-10 mins at a time) the customer service rep told me they were going to start charging me for engineer call out costs if I kept complaining!

Extraplus wrote: »
    I wouldn't hold your breath for any type of a refund from ESB.

In fact, after getting sick of the constant dips, mini cuts and full on cuts I decided to ring ESB customer Service each and every time there was an issue so they were aware of the problems and might work towards a permanent fix.

The attitude I got mostly was 'Well if it is back working now, whats your problem?' or 'None of your neighbours have complained'. Once, when the power had gone 3 times in one day (only for 2-10 mins at a time) the customer service rep told me they were going to start charging me for engineer call out costs if I kept complaining!

Unbelievable! I love the line 'None of your neighbours have complained' :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,577 ✭✭✭Reg'stoy

Hi folks,
    Have gotten no reply to my e-mail to th ESB on this matter yet, wife suggested I send one to Micheal Kennedy TD and so might I suggest we all do so. Thankfully my part of applewood doesn't seem to have the same problems as those of you living in Rivervalley. I still can't believe that this is going on in this day and age.

A letter was delivered to my house today from Michael Kennedy/Darragh Butler in regards to the problems with electricity supply in Swords and detailing what the ESB propose to do, most of which is detailed in the e-mail sent to Lady_North (unfortunately I don't have a scanner but I'm sure most of you have got the letter also). I'm just glad to have finally got some sort of acknowledgment and know that the ESB are actually trying to do something to the address the problems. We'll have to wait and see how it pans out once the works have been completed I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,517 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Shred wrote: »
    A letter was delivered to my house today from Michael Kennedy/Darragh Butler in regards to the problems with electricity supply in Swords and detailing what the ESB propose to do, most of which is detailed in the e-mail sent to Lady_North (unfortunately I don't have a scanner but I'm sure most of you have got the letter also). I'm just glad to have finally got some sort of acknowledgment and know that the ESB are actually trying to do something to the address the problems. We'll have to wait and see how it pans out once the works have been completed I suppose.

Got the same letter. Fair play for them for what their doing. Havn't heard from any other local representatives.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 CLLR D. BUTLER

Hello all. Just signed up today. If any of you want the ESB update from last month, please private message me and I will forward it on. Also, if anyone wants to give me their Estate / Road Name and Email address, then I can forward on any news updates from Michael Kennedy T.D. and myself. thanks

^^ Fair play for posting Councillor.

Dont think theres been any recent outages which is good but dont think the ESB would mind if you posted the update here as its in all the public's interests.

Advertisement