Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Lessons?

Options
  • 06-01-2008 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Anyone know where you can get guitar lessons around greystones area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

You could try inquiring at Everest Music in Bray -- there's always a few people advertising such services on the bulletin board, and the guys in the shop also do some group and individual lessons for various instruments.

There's also a legendary guitar teacher in the area called Cubby who taught my son and many other Greystones teenagers; don't have a number for him anymore but maybe Everest would have it. I know he's still in the area because he was spotted playing in a band in Wicklow recently. He's a great teacher.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

Thanks for that, i'll give them a call :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Www.guitarmasterclass.net might help you also....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭RAFC

Also try your local schools, they sometimes run evening classes for adults & children. They are usually much cheaper too than private lessons.

Worth a try :)

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭darsar

RAFC wrote: »
    Also try your local schools, they sometimes run evening classes for adults & children. They are usually much cheaper too than private lessons.

Worth a try :)

St. Thomas's night classes are starting again from Jan 21st (could be 22nd), its €90 for 10 visits, once weekly.(Mon or Tues night)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 452 ✭✭Welsh Wizard

You could try inquiring at Everest Music in Bray -- there's always a few people advertising such services on the bulletin board, and the guys in the shop also do some group and individual lessons for various instruments.

There's also a legendary guitar teacher in the area called Cubby who taught my son and many other Greystones teenagers; don't have a number for him anymore but maybe Everest would have it. I know he's still in the area because he was spotted playing in a band in Wicklow recently. He's a great teacher.

Is this cubby a kindda Chinese guy...?
    If so then I'll be able to get his number for you...
    A friend of a friend drinks with him..

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Eh, I can't remember where Cubby is from originally (possibly Malaysia) but he has been living here a long time.

Eh, I can't remember where Cubby is from originally (possibly Malaysia) but he has been living here a long time.

Yeah thats the guy.. he plays in a band... might see him later in fact... can have a word with him and get his number if needs be ....

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

Is this cubby a kindda Chinese guy...?
    If so then I'll be able to get his number for you...
    A friend of a friend drinks with him..

That would be great.

Thanks everyone for all the help - have to get moving with it now:rolleyes: no more excuses!

LMC wrote: »
    That would be great.

Thanks everyone for all the help - have to get moving with it now:rolleyes: no more excuses!

No probs... might take me a couple of days as I just see him on the off chance in a pub...
    Will post his number as soon as I get it..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

No probs... might take me a couple of days as I just see him on the off chance in a pub...
    Will post his number as soon as I get it..
    No you won't. You'll PM it to the OP.

:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 hon79

Can you PM it to me as well whenever you get a chance to get it, thanks a million

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭Delganys Finest

me too please.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭StillBallygowan

Can you PM the number to me also.
    Many thanks.

No you won't. You'll PM it to the OP.

:)

Yeah know to P.M., Its just the way it came out..;)

Goys & Dolls, Haven't seen him yet, Hopefully see him soon...If I dont see hime soon then I'll get my friend of a friend to get it then I'll P.M. it..

Will keep you posted..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kiwifruit

can you send it to me too! ta

Sorry for the delay in getting the phone number...
    Will get it tomorrow and P.M. all that are interested, providing he is happy with giving me his number...

Many thanks for your patience...

Have his number.....
    All that still wants his number P.M.me...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭StillBallygowan

@Welsh Wizard. PM sent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 kiwifruit

yes please!

• Advertisement

P.M'd all that was interested...

Best of luck...;)

Advertisement