Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Calls

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Gooooothar!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

craichoe wrote: »
    Its not illegal, wardialling is however.. i.e. calling without the intent to communicate.

I didn't know that - cheers. Always wondered how it was classified in the harassment laws.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

If it is the bank mentioned then ring your branch and ask to "opt out" of telesales. There are three options, by email, by phone or by post, you can choose opt in or opt out for any of those on an individual basis, so if you are afraid you might miss out on something then opt in for post and opt out for phone and email :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Gooooothar!

wtf?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Sofa_King Good

Didn't have time to read the whole thing, but its an AIB number.You can call the Malicious calls Bureau - 1800 689 689, probably not a good idea to prank call them.Sorry if someone has already mentioned these.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 offalis

Yes its defo an AIB number not sure who is ringing but it is a lead number on a PRI line with a CLI of 016410000 and up to 9998 extensions off it? - Try 016410020 it will ring on the SAME PABX as the lead number but the lead number has no extension assigned to it so it will not ring - 016410020 seems to be a hunt group ACD number so whoever answers will be in the same office building so you can ask them if it was them -

Ring it and complain and the unsolicited calls in the evening when your having your dins may stop.

Oh BTW I opened an AIB account NO credit Card just a savings account - so that’s where they got my number.

Good Luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

some of the earlier posters sounded like they were being phoned by a fax?

aib recently rang me to say they're doing some customer satisfaction survey, maybe thats why they're calling?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Ok, sorry for taking the thread from the grave but I have started to get this "01-6410000" number calling me lately. Anyone else getting calls off them lately?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Doctor Bob

Ok, sorry for taking the thread from the grave but I have started to get this "01-6410000" number calling me lately. Anyone else getting calls off them lately?

Got my first today, didn't answer*, Googled it, and found this thread. Problem solved in 5 minutes- thank you Boards!

*Personal policy- I never answer a number I don't recognise, figuring they'll leave a message if it's real/important. Surprise surprise- no message this evening.

Advertisement