Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Semi Automatics

Options
  • 06-01-2008 9:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Hey everyone im thinking of getting a semi automatic and would like to know how they work e.g

Do they have to get refilled?

If so how and how much it would cost?

How many cartridges do they hold?

Average price,best brand,etc?

Any help and advice would be great,
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,142 ✭✭✭pm.

suttongun wrote: »
    Hey everyone im thinking of getting a semi automatic and would like to know how they work e.g

Do they have to get refilled? ive had mine 5 years got a hell of a lot of use, so no they dont get refilled

If so how and how much it would cost? nothing

How many cartridges do they hold? for hunting the most you can load is 3, if using for trap up to 6

Average price,best brand,etc? mine is a browning silver, browning is one of the best out there shouls get a good second hand one

cheers

hope this helped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

Do they have to get refilled?

If so how and how much it would cost?

How many cartridges do they hold?

Average price,best brand,etc?

cheers

Pistols/Shotgun/Rifles ?

Semi Auto works with blow back or Gas, depends on what you are talking about mate?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 peter g

Hi, i have a stoeger semi auto, has inertia drive system. basically its a benneli(berretta owned companies) but cheaper. very robust and simple gun, holds 2 +1 shells(2 in fore end and 1 in breech) all semi autos are resticted to this format(its the law).

it can use loads from 28g anything lighter and it could jam(tried 26g and 24g). ideal for clays or game.

new one would be approx 700euros ish!

hope this helps

peter g

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

suttongun

You need to give alot more infomation. What type of firearm are you talking about, rifle or shotgun ??
    What do you mean by refilled?

peter g
    simple gun, holds 2 +1 shells(2 in fore end and 1 in breech) all semi autos are resticted to this format(its the law).
    If you are not hunting a shotgun has no restriction on the number of rounds it can hold.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭suttongun

Sorry about that,it would be a shotgun i'd be looking for.

They are gas operated so would they need to be refilled from time to time?
    cheers

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

Sorry about that,it would be a shotgun i'd be looking for.

They are gas operated so would they need to be refilled from time to time?
    cheers
    Nope, the 'gas' that operates the action is that generated in the cartridge and barrel when the propellant combusts.
    Most of the pressure is used to send the shot charge on its way down the barrel, but a tiny bit is bled off to operate the action.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭suttongun

Oh right,because i heard gas operated i thought it would work kind of like a pcp airgun,thanks for that info,

thanks to everyone else too,

cheers

Advertisement