Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Have you ever asked a guy out and if so?

• 06-01-2008 9:17pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭

There is a bit of a debate going on in PI's. I said that I have never seen a relationship work out in which the girl did the asking out and pursuing. Whats your experiences???

Have you asked and/ or pursued a guy and has it worked out. 25 votes

I have asked a guy out / pursued a guy and it WORKED out.
    0%
    I have asked a guy out / pursued a guy and it DIDNT work out.
    64%
    azezilthe deeNevyn*Page*Nightwishroberta cCatari Jaguardelo18Lil' SmilerMapleRhiannon14Solarball10echosoundKiyaislander35Crazy Catlady 16 votes
    My friend asked a guy out / persued a guy and it DIDNT work out.
    28%
    azezilNevynpanda100KatykaboomLux23pow wowSarahSassy 7 votes
    A friend has asked a guy out / pursued a guy and it WORKED out.out.
    8%
    NevynChunky Monkey 2 votes

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

sorry lady, i have asked a guy out and it did work! on more than one occasion! :D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

maple wrote: »
    sorry lady, i have asked a guy out and it did work! on more than one occasion! :D

well, if it was more than one occasion, it didn't work out, as you clearly broke up with them at some stage??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,122 ✭✭✭LadyJ

I know plenty of couples where the girl asked the guy out.
    Some have been together for years, others are even married.
    Sorry OP, I'd have to say your statement is a load of crap tbh.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 16,186 ✭✭✭✭Maple

Silverfish wrote: »
    well, if it was more than one occasion, it didn't work out, as you clearly broke up with them at some stage??

it worked for as long as it was meant to. each lasted a couple of years and i ended both of them.

i've no qualms in asking a guy out if i like him. don't see why it always has to be the guy who does the asking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

LadyJ wrote: »
    I know plenty of couples where the girl asked the guy out.
    Some have been together for years, others are even married.
    Sorry OP, I'd have to say your statement is a load of crap tbh.

Have to agree - I was the one who made the first move (although I was pretty sure the answer would be yes) and we've been married nearly 3 years now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

He said no, it felt awkward. I don't know if that counts as it not working out seeing as it never really started...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

there's never been any 'asking out' in any relationship ive been in. we always seem to just kinda.. land in a situation.

though with my b/f now, while we were just friends...he did start saying (while i was on a dodgy msn connection), that sometimes he wondered if things were different... then my msn cut, reconnected eventually, conversation started fresh, and it was me who brought it back up and it turned out that if things were different, he thought maybe the two of us could have had a shot. i honestly cant remember how that conversation progressed entirely. but i wonder, if i hadnt made him repeat it... hmmm...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Crazy Catlady

A few years ago, I got chatting to a fella in the pub every time he came up to the bar. Anyway, before the end of the night myself and my friend were heading somewhere else. He'd seemed nice so as we were walking out, I nipped back and asked him for his phone number. I don't know who was more shocked, me or him :)
    Anyway he gave me his number, we met up a couple of times, but he was a bit of a drip in the end.
    Whats the worst that could have happened tho? He said no? I can live with someone I met in passing once not wanting to give me their number :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I know i should be here - me having the whole lack of estrogen and stuff - but my girlfriend asked me out/pursued me and we're on for 4 years now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

my mum asked my dad out many moon's ago...

and they are married nearly 30 years.

I also know that my gran asked my gran dad out and they are still married and in the 80's...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭iMax

Can I just add as a fully fledged penis owning member of the male species, that any woman asking a man out is an incredible turn on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

iMax wrote: »
    Can I just add as a fully fledged penis owning member of the male species, that any woman asking a man out is an incredible ego booster

Fixed that for you! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭spinandscribble

i asked someone out but they kinda lay themselves on a plate for me so it was just annoying me he hadnt plucked up the courage to ask me out yet. im not with him anymore if thats what you mean. there were times i felt i was putting all the work into it and maybe he was just lazy, meh.
    since i've just let guys know i like them either by saying it or flirting like a mad thing, letting it be known im single as well ect. its worked out but if it took too long i'd probably ask the guy out but im not single anymore so havnt needed too. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,900 ✭✭✭Quality

NO way, If they are interested in you they will ask you out. DOnt do it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Quality wrote: »

9 times out of 10 the man will think he is out of a womans league and wont risk the humility

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

I haven't done it but if I was chatting to a guy and it looked like there was a mutual interest and he hadn't asked me for my number at the end of the night I might ask him....but usually if they're interested they'll do the asking. It'd be a bit of a bruise to the ego if they said no so maybe I wouldn't be that brave, depends on how much I liked them and how courageous I was feeling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Clare Bear wrote: »
    how courageous I was feeling.
    Is that the same as how much drink you have had? :D

I'd have no problem with a girl asking me out and although its only happened me twice I can't say really in general does it work out or not. In my case it didn't but that was down to incompatibilty in one case and distance in the other. Not really, as far as I know, cause of some thought of her or I being more keen on relationship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Im so glad to hear it. I have only experienced and heard negative stories....

:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭the dee

I asked my boyfriend out. We're together a year and a half now, and he moved here from Australia to be with me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

jameshayes wrote: »
    9 times out of 10 the man will think he is out of a womans league and wont risk the humility

Seconded, although this time I'm really really glad I did :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭bill_ashmount

Quality wrote: »

:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

Girl i used to work with in my old job asked me out,
    i was flattered, not interested, but it was flattering none the less.

Whats the worst that could happen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

jameshayes wrote: »

Rubish, I'd ask anyone out that I thought was attractive and get along with......and been shot down many a time. I have no self respect for myself :D

*Turn on Bon Jovi's Blaze of Glory 'Shot downnnnn in a blaze of Glory*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

I love getting asked out by the ladies.

Even girls I normally wouldn't have thought about in that way were suddenly a lot more noticable as it means you notice them and think about them in a different way.

It also shows she's got guts: major turn on.

Advertisement