Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reason 4+wav samples

Options
  • 06-01-2008 10:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭

i know this is (probaly) a stupid question but i have downloaded some samples,all in the .wav format.Problem is i cant get any of reasons kit to play them.When i use the browser it sees the sample folders but when i open themthere is no wav files.I just have the samples in my documents.Do i need to put them into one of Reasons folder..

Any help much appreciated!

ps only using reason 4 a week so bear with me

Comments

How do man...
    Im not sure now but it seems like you're trying to load them in the wrong place id say..You can only bring in .wav files into the two samplers, the nn19 and the nnxt..Myself anyway, I find the nnxt way easier to use and more effective than the nn19..Open the lower half of the nnxt and you should see a blue screen with the keyboard mapped out..Import the sample using the button beside said screen, and the sample should be mapped across the whole keyboard..Then you just set the root note(its there somewherenear the bottom) and bring in each side on the screen so the sample only plays on one key(the root)..Hope this helps..
    p.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

I'm in work at the moment but will try that once i get home and let you know...

Oh yeah, yoiu should be able to bring them into the redrum as well, but you'll have to use the seperate channels labelled 1 to 10...you can bring them in up at the top..as you can imagine..generally it redrum for single hits and stuff for beats, the samplers will take anything, and if its beats you'retrying to bring in get a hold of recycle for yourself and you can cut them up in that and then bring em into dr.rex..

Done what u said and it worked...i was getting the wav in originally but i was looking at the 'patch' label and that wasnt changing to the sample name plus i wasnt assigning it to a key on the midi board

thanks

ne pas problem..yeah, if you'll be using it a bit i nearly would recommend recycle for beats..same company and stuff..Best of luck anyway..If you've any more questions you can drop me a pm or whatever if ya want..Take it easy..

• Advertisement

Willdo and thx again

Advertisement