Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mineral Foundations

• 06-01-2008 10:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭

Have heard a lot of talk about mineral foundations lately.
    just wanted to know what the deal with them is. Are they any good? expensive? would be interested in trying them but dont know which one or if they last and give much coverage.
    cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 575 ✭✭✭Strokesfan

Hey I got the sample kit off www.everydayminerals.com along with a brush, blush and concealer. Try them cos it's cheap if they're still offering the free samples (you just pay postage) (it's either under kits or accessories on there I think...)
    I have to say though that I have dry skin so I quite like liquid concealer and foundation more so than powders plus I've never been brave enough to just try the powder all day cos I have some blackheads on my nose that I like to cover up. I do like the small little pots and always carry two in my make-up bag with the brush but use it more over my make-up which is not how it was maybe intended.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭StormWarrior

I have tried Jane Iredale's amazing base mineral foundation and it is absolute rubbish! Don't buy it. It is very expensive, but does not cover spots and has no staying power at all. Inika do a mineral foundation but I haven't tried it. Jane Iredale's has put me off, I am going back to my Estee Lauder concealer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Pigletlover

+1 for www.everydayminerals.com. As Strokesfan said you can get a free sample pack so you only pay for postage, but I got 3 foundations, 2 bronzers, 2 blushers, eyeshadows, concealer, brushes and a bag and the free sample pack for less than €50 including delivery so it's really cheap. My skin is quite dry so I just use a rich moisturiser 20 minutes before putting it on and it doesn't look powdery. You can build it up to the level of coverage you require. Someone recommended it on here a few months ago, I was scepitcal but tried it and now I don't think I'd ever go back to a liquid foundation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,677 ✭✭✭✭fits

I love the everydayminerals stuff too. Their concealer is excellent and you can really build up coverage, and it gives a gorgeous glow. I still use liquid an odd time, but the mineral stuff is perfect most of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭eefy

They tested mineral make up on This Morning on itv last year
    see link below

http://www.beautybynadine.com/post.asp?id=92

I hate wearing foundation
    I bought the L'oreal one, its good, but the brush is rubbish, I use my own brush

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭Papillon87

Really, REALLY want to try out mineral foundation. However can't decide between Laura Mercier, idMinerals or everydayminerals. I've really dry skin so I'd be worried it will all flake off!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭squishywishy

http://www.sheercover.com/

I saw this one on a shopping channel on tv and it looked really really great. always afraid of buying these things on telly cos you never know if its all lies or not. Found the shades hard to choose on everydayminerals.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭squishywishy

http://www.infomercialscams.com/scams/sheer_cover_complaints

Just saw this so i think I wont be buying any sheer cover!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 162 ✭✭Ruthee

i also recommend everydayminerals.com ....its cheap and works brilliantly..its also really quick to put on..knocked a few mins off my getting ready time in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 170 ✭✭lilRedSmurf

I've just ordered a few bits from everydayminerals.com.

Of the mineral make ups on the market everydayminerals doesnt have any harmful fillers or nasty smoothening agents etc. It is what it says on the tin.. ALL Natural. A couple of the eyeshadow colours have some synthetics in them and they actually clearly highlight the ones that do.

The sheer cover ingredients list is just chock full of all kinds of crap that is blatantly unnatural...

The Jane Iredale ingredients list made me laugh out loud cos they actually sing the praises of something called Dimethicone that they reckon has revolutionised mineral make up and is in almost every product ... But what they forget to mention is the fact that dimethicone is actually made from PETROCHEMICALS.

Moral of the story is... read ingredients lists! And take the time to look up the stuff that you might not be familiar with.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 462 ✭✭lizzyvera

Petrochemicals form naturally from the decay of ancient plants and animals. Dimethicone derived from sand and other things, it's safe.

Anyway not all "unnatural" things are bad and not all "natural" are good- the most potent poisons are natural.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭confuddled

lizzyvera wrote: »
    Petrochemicals form naturally from the decay of ancient plants and animals. Dimethicone derived from sand and other things, it's safe.

Anyway not all "unnatural" things are bad and not all "natural" are good- the most potent poisons are natural.

I couldn't agree more! The backlash against all things "synthetic" makes no sense from a safety point of view.

Nonetheless I couldn't resist the essentialminerals.com freebie offer so I've ordered some along with some brushes which I've heard great things about. Will let you know how I get on...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

I used to order lots of stuff from everydayminerals, until I realised that after a while, it started 'clumping' on my skin :/
    Also its really hard to pick out the right shade from a screen.

Back to liquid for me, which is a shame, as it did give amazing coverage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 applejacks

I remember Sheer Cover from the States! Can you buy it over here?

Advertisement