Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Waist belts

• 06-01-2008 10:25pm
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I bought a waist belt the other day, but it looks a bit weird on me. Is there a trick to making them look good, or do they only suit certain people?

Comments

They only suit people who are thin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

doesnt always suit thin ppl either.

you need to have little or no shape to pull it off, as if you have shape the belt gets lost in it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

iv loads of shape and i wear them all the time, it helps if you have a very slim waist though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,653 ✭✭✭✭fits

I think it helps if you have a long waist rather than shorter upper body proportions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭Bendihorse

You could be right Fits, im have a long back and short legs - (like Paddy Welsh's daughter, im bigger sittin than i am standin :D) and i like the way they define my shape.

You could try experimenting with different thickness of waist belt and see if you can find one to suit your particular shape.

The ones i wear are usually about 4inches thick and i wear them quite high up, almost under my boobs, cos i find thats the best point for me to be 'chiched' in. Try different variations in different areas of your waist and see how you get on :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭pinklady2

I usually wear mine just under my boobs aswell .
    I wear them with plain coloured tops gives them a little lift and dresses great for breaking up a casual black dress. Try them on with different outfits. The best place to get waist belts I think is A-wear. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭m83

jaysus what am i doing here? i thought this was a discussion about waste belts for tractors, anyway good luck to ye all...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

I'm wearing one over a woolly jumper :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭dirtydress

They suit people who are curvy. If you have no shape it will probably do nothing for you. They are meant to "create" a waist but at the same time you need to have a fairly thin waist to pull it off (not necessarily thin hips and small boobs though!). Dont know if that makes sense but could be why its not working for you.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I've been wearing it under my boobs alright. Maybe it's because I'm trying it over patterned things - will try it over some block coloured tops and see how it goes!

I got mine in A-Wear alright - love it :).

• Advertisement
Advertisement