Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overclockers UK / Dell question

Options
  • 06-01-2008 10:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭

Want to check this before i pull the trigger - im looking at a Dell 27 or 30" monitor, and the only place i can even find them other than Dell Ireland is Overclockers.co.uk. According to Overclockers its says on the page:

Warranty : 3 year next business day exchange supplied by Manufacturer (Call DELL on 0870 9080800 and have the work number from the original packaging handy)

So, buying from the UK how does this work? If it arrives faulty will Dell Ireland sort the issue? Is the warranty even valid here?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

dell warranties are decent enough.

when i bought a laptop i was travelling to asia. so i rang dell and asked them about it. if i buy it in ireland, and it breaks out there, what can i do?

they said where ever they have a dell factory, you can send it there.

since then, i was in germany and had a problem with my harddrive. so i rang dell ireland, and they arranged for me to send it off to dell in germany.

i assume dell uk will do the same with you being in ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 691 ✭✭✭gs39t

dell warranties are decent enough.

when i bought a laptop i was travelling to asia. so i rang dell and asked them about it. if i buy it in ireland, and it breaks out there, what can i do?

they said where ever they have a dell factory, you can send it there.

since then, i was in germany and had a problem with my harddrive. so i rang dell ireland, and they arranged for me to send it off to dell in germany.

i assume dell uk will do the same with you being in ireland.

Sounds promising, thanks!. It's more than €700 cheaper from OcUK for the 30" :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

I bought mine over ebay for €1200 brand spanking new with warranty and everything.. came in 2 days!

Just checked there now though and theres no new models on it. Should be worth considering there €1400 on overclockers last time I checked

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Advertisement