Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Broadband DSL any good?

Options
  • 06-01-2008 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭

I've asked this question before and all I get are responses about Breeze and Ripwave.
    Is Irish Broadband DSL any good?
    What sort of speeds are normal with the 3mb package?

Ta.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30 will_forde

I have recently changed over to Irish Broadband from BT and so far i have had no problems with them. I am on the 3MB line and the speed seams to be a little bit faster than what BT was.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

What sorts of speeds are we talking here?
    Anything above 2500 would be acceptable I think...

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It's eircom bitstream, so speed mainly depends on how good the line is and amount or lack of bitstream congestion that's less than the quoted contention.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 will_forde

I mostly get around 2700Mbps or 350KBps.

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Shamo

It says unlimited downloads as well, wonder how long they'll keep that wording?! Don't see anything in the t&c about it although I scanned through it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

Shamo wrote: »
    It says unlimited downloads as well, wonder how long they'll keep that wording?! Don't see anything in the t&c about it although I scanned through it.
    I've been a IBB customer for years and I have never had any problems with download limits. Actually I got a call years ago about my downloading, they asked me if I wanted an upgrade :)

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭murph01

Currently have clearwire and they are a shower of ripping of b***ards to say the least,plus having a lot of connection problems.
    Was thinking of switching to Irish broadband,what kind of $$$$$$$$$$$$ are you looking at with or without a phone line.
    Any feedback and advice would be much appreciated.
    Thanx a million :D:D:D:D:D

It's €39.99 a month for 3mb dsl.
    After my experiences with Ice I'm avoiding the Alvarion based products like breeze.
    Breeze type products do work but there are too many factors involved that can screw things up - it really doesn't help when providers like Ice use unlicensed frequencies too.
    I think you pretty much know where you stand with dsl.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Thats the main difference prob between IBB and ICE. I'm not sure about ICE but IBB own and use licenced Freq. They also have a much larger network infrastructure compared to ICE. But yes there can be factors like heavy rain or wind moving your antenna that can cause loss of signal.

As far as I know IBB use 3.5ghz and Ice use 5ghz.

• Advertisement
Advertisement