Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New pool and gym in portlaoise...

Options
  • 06-01-2008 11:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 32

Great place, lovely pool, nice gym, seems well equipped.

Although I predict doom...

We were there with the kids on Saturday and for the hour we were there local yobs were running into the pool gallery and flinging stuff into the pool itself, running riot on the outside play equipment. Just generally being allowed to do anything and nobody stopping them.

I was quite intimadated by these 10-14 year olds because you cant say anything to them. I got the impression some of them were begging to have anyone take issue with them.

Until they get security in the place and stop the messing Isaw on Saturday it will be off limits very soon to ordinary folk.

real pity..we waited a long time for it to reopen

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭carpainter

I aggree with your sentiments; myself and the family have been going for the last few weeks and there is a certainly a problem with some undesirables hanging around. It's a shame though, because other than that I think the centre is attracting a broad section of the community and that has to be good. The anti social issues are being covered in the papers, so here's hoping the authorities will act appropriately. They really need to sort out the out play area though, it's far too mucky and impractical as it stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭CyberDave

You should have complained to the management. More than likely all the people who go for the right reasons, like yourself are also afraid to do anything about it. If the management are receiving no complaints they assume everybody just accepts these young troublemakers behaviour.

Advertisement