Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

opel corsa maintenance light keeps coming on?

Options
  • 06-01-2008 11:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

hi all,am havin trouble with my car at the moment every now and then when im driving up a slight hill or even just on flat road the maintenance light(yellow light) comes on for a few seconds but goes off when i take my foot off the accelerator.when the light comes on it feels like the car is just lacking power.i tried droppin a gear when i think its going to happen but it still does.anyone got any ideas on what it cud b b4 i pay a fortune to find out its a small problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

what year corsa is it and what engine size? some suffer from air flow meter trouble, will cause a lack of power, and can be intermittent. would need to be put on a diagnostic tester to be sure though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 stephenparsons

its a one litre and its a 00 its only in last month or so its happened.but last night it was happenin alot.so is the airflow thing hard to fix?

ok anyone know of an opel garage in south dublin?or wud advance pitstop do it for me?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

What Mileage is it on now. I had a 95 corsa a while back and I'd similar issues and it turned out to be the oxygen sensor.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

you can read the codes on that car yourself as far as i can remember., have a look on opel forums for more info., you just have to bridge 2 wires on the diag port and count the flashes on the dash light, that will tell you what the problem is.,
    the diagnostics port is to the right of the steering wheel under a piece of trim iirc.,

• Advertisement

ok i got the air flow meter but was told if i take it out the maintenance light will come on and can only b turned off by computer?car is on 60000 ah jsut wanna fit the part and get it over wit but then the light will do my head in

did you make sure its the airflow meter? it might be something completely different.,

nope lol but was told from guy in work that he had same prob wit same car same year and exact same symptoms so more than likely that'l b it...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

Very common in lots of cars- I'd be surprised to hear of a '90s car with it's original AFM (or at least a '90s car without some AFM issue) so even if it's not it, it's worth doing.

You could try to fit it and disconnect the battery overnight, In some cars, this will reset the computer.

there are a number of things that can be the cause on that car. i wouldnt go buying anything until i knew what the problem was.,

• Advertisement

well was told it happens alot of opels and i got the aprt so if it aint that screw it at least ill kno that its not that,wot else cud it be?it is abit cold out now for me to do it!the problem got really bad today i was going up the road and it jst wudnt move like it had no power then it slowly started moving faster this sound similar to anyone who had this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

while it does sound like an air flow meter problem from your explanation it could also be other things. the diagnostic connection on that corsa will be below the rear window demistor button infront of the gearstick. not sure if its possible to read codes by flash reading as i have never had to do it as we have a diagnostic computer where i work. the engine management light may not stay on if you replace the air flow meter and it fixes the problem but replacing it without checking it is really only guessing as it may be something else.

thats true well i got a guy to fit it tommorow and he will turn da light off too and if that aint the problem ill get him to look at it nice one lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Earth Worm Jim

Stephen, I would say its 99% the air mass meter, once fitted the car should be a lot better to drive and the light just knocks off.

I PMed you more details.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭woop

on the corsa 2 models back you could do whats called a "paper clip test" and then by counting the amount of times the lights flashed you can find out the fault..............but I have noticed that maf sensors seem to be a popular problem on forums...........however Im not much of a mechanic

hey just lettin ya's know i changed the air flow meter and hey presto my car is finally going properly now :D:D:D
    thanks for your pm earthworm jim

Advertisement