Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shims and Bushings,

Options
  • 06-01-2008 11:58pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭

Im after a set of shims and metal mushings, the bearing ones for the G36 (version 3 gearbox i think).,
    Im just wondering if anyone reccomends any paricular places to buy them.
    I saw them on ehobby but they dont combine shipping as far as i know and i was going to get some other small things too but the postage price would be stupidly high if they dont combine.,

cheers,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

Most of the uk retailers will send small parts like shims by regular post if you call them and request it. Airsoft Warehouse sent me a G36 hop by snail mail for a total of something like £1 shipping. If they hadn't done that it would have cost me more than the price of the hop just in shipping. Had it a week later

The only thing is, and they'll warn you of this, there's no insurance on non parcel post delivered items. But they are only shims...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Spitfire666

They do combine on shipping. Make all your purchases together then make payment at the end.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Hmm, thay didnt when i got my suppressor and M4 parts., Will have a look into it, cheers lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

i generally get shims and stuff from ehobby or rsov (depending on what brand i want :)) the shipping isn't too bad from ehobby for small bits

e.g.
    systema area 1000 bushings on ehobbyasia $11.99 incl p&p, that's only about 8euro?
    throw in a set of shims for another $5.50 incl p&p which is just under 4euro, those prices are decent enough

try a similar order on rsov.com for element brand bushings and shims and the order is about 8euro with the shipping adding on another 8 again, bringing it to 16 total

Edit: p.s. moved to troubleshooting as shims and bushings are kind of a troubleshooting/technical issue

wasnt really sure if it would be trouble shooting., cheers
    I was going to buy one of those magwell thingys for the M4, a mag pull, shims, bushings and an M4 SPR trigger gaurd from them but i heard somewhere that they dont combine shipping. all of that together would still be a pretty small box and would be silly to pay individual shipping on it i suppose.,

EDIT, i just broke the fire selector gear on the G36 aswell., lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,341 ✭✭✭Fallschirmjager

i think we are all getting to the point now of maintenance so there is probably a warning here for us all...have your bushings,shims, gears, pistons, springs, hopups at the ready. i know i am going to add a few of those the next order i put in for the bits and bobs i dont have. thanks for the reminder vtec...not much help to you i know.

also might not be a bad point to get some of the correct hex,screw sizes and drivers etc as some of them are smallish as well...if you dont have them already obviously.

i have a small bag with a couple of different toolkits in it that does pretty much everything i need

i tend to order extra bits and bobs whenever i order anything from ehobby or rsov, but still never seem to have enough stuff, always running out of hopup rubbers, ordered 5 or 6 last time

kdouglas wrote: »
    i have a small bag with a couple of different toolkits in it that does pretty much everything i need

i tend to order extra bits and bobs whenever i order anything from ehobby or rsov, but still never seem to have enough stuff, always running out of hopup rubbers, ordered 5 or 6 last time

i think i will copy you dude...seems the best way to go...

i think we are all getting to the point now of maintenance so there is probably a warning here for us all...have your bushings,shims, gears, pistons, springs, hopups at the ready. i know i am going to add a few of those the next order i put in for the bits and bobs i dont have. thanks for the reminder vtec...not much help to you i know.

also might not be a bad point to get some of the correct hex,screw sizes and drivers etc as some of them are smallish as well...if you dont have them already obviously.

i bought the shims and bushes last nght aswell as a few other things and im just waiting for them to send me an invoice. cant think of anything else to add to the order though. If anyone wants anything before i pay i can tell them to add if ya like,.,

vtec, not for me but yourself, as KD suggested..hopup rubber is a good thing to have a few spare and they are 5 dollars or so....

hopups always go when you dont have any, its like the fecken things are in contact with each other...

ask KD for the brand he uses. i got systema because of the name tbh, but i seem to recall that people on arnies thought the guarder ones were better..anyone got any recommendations?

• Advertisement

Fall: i've yet to decide on a particular brand of hopup, but the guarder clear ones seem to be the best, i also find g&p to be quite good, everytime i order them i tend to order a couple of each of systema/guarder/g&p

are hop up rubbers universal parts lads? im gonna add one or two to the order though i need one specifically for the M4.,
    They dont seem to sell piston O-rings on ehobby either.,

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭chalky

Has anyone tried those H hopup nubs? Is there much improvement?

The hop unit on my G36 has be gone for months now. Getting a replacement is an awful pain. Noone ever has them in stock. PDC do a metal one I was thinking about getting instead of the standard CA replacement but I'm still not sure if it's of any use and if it's going to make a difference. I haven't opened a gearbox on anything I own yet since I keep putting the G36 out of action it hasn't seen enough cycles to warrant anything. Neither has anything else really.

I reckon I'll get some full replacement kits and leave them aside just in case.

A lot of people seem to damage the hopup on the G36 for some reason., mine didnt give any problems at all when i stripped it.,
    Has anyone done the bushings on the G36 yet? im just wondering if there was a noticable difference in rof. my gears are very wobbly with the standard bushings and shims at the moment. Also i got 6mm bushings , i hope their the right ones.,

Well mine got damaged after it went barrel first into some concrete when I slipped on some bbs. Pain in the arse. Second time it's happened. They seem more sensitive on the G36 than on most.

hopup rubbers: they are all the same, there isn't a specific one for certain makes/models of aeg

h-hop: have one in my m4, but that's been out of action for a while so didn't really get a chance to test it properly, apparently they are very good though

g36 hopup unit: hopup unit and hopup rubber are two different things (just so people dont get confused, Dex: i know that you know the diff :))

bushings in the g36: changing the bushings can help the rate of fire, but it is important to re-shim the gears correctly when changing them, infact re-shimming will help the rate of fire more than just changing the bushings

kdouglas wrote: »
    Dex: i know that you know the diff :))

Woohoo, I've conned people into thinking I know what I'm talking about!

yeah i knew difference too.,lol, was just thinking of alvin T's problem with the hopup on a G36 too.,
    cheers for the info KD, i ordered the shims aswell im just hoping that the G36 takes 6mm bushes. Ive read contradicting stuff on it but a few seem to say 6mm,.

what make?

heard some conflicting information on it too, i think the first generation of JG ones had 7mm and then changed to 6mm or vice versa, not sure

• Advertisement

the aeg is JG and the bushings are gaurder i think.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,163 ✭✭✭✭Boston

Hey vtec, I was wondering if you'd mind posting up a list of hte various modifications you've made to your g36 in terms of replacement parts, gears, batteries and the like. Really tempted to follow your lead.

Boston wrote: »
    Hey vtec, I was wondering if you'd mind posting up a list of hte various modifications you've made to your g36 in terms of replacement parts, gears, batteries and the like. Really tempted to follow your lead.

hiya man,
    I have standard gears in it at the moment, have a set of gaurder ones ready to go in but these clone ones seem to be handling it nicely so im putting it off out of lazyiness., it used to be 360fps so I fitted an M90 spring at first but was a bit low, then got a 100 and its better. it has Prometheus metal bearing bushes and Prometheus shims from ehobby, Im looking into a high torque motor now but not sure which to go with yet, It has a 10.8 battery fitted in the front end that was originaly the cocking handle from a spaz shotgun, it gives the G36 a much better grip, the standard grip feels too high for me and the new one looks like it was supposed to be there., so far ive spent about 30quid on it and its a beautiful gun to use, KD tested it the other day and its doing around 18-20 rps so far but im aiming a bit higher than that,., their well worth €130 in my opinion.,
    Its also wearing my new Eotech M4 sight at the moment and looks cool.,lol the front of the new grip will have an LED torch fitted when i come across somthing nice and hopefully a little invention i have in mind when the parts get dilivered.,:)
    oh and theres a short silencer on it too, it makes more of a difference than i thought it would, was intended as a "show piece" in the beginning but works well, then wraped the pistol grip with black tennis racket wrap to get it a more comfy feel and easier to hold in the rain.,

these are the shims,
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Prometheus-STEEL-Shims-Set-f-Marui-Airsoft-AEG-PM-22_W0QQitemZ280196862106QQihZ018QQcategoryZ64635QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

and these are the bearings,
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Proemetheu-Airsoft-AEG-6mm-Bearing-Metal-Bushing-PM-27_W0QQitemZ270173396698QQihZ017QQcategoryZ64635QQtcZphotoQQcmdZViewItem

not much point in using a high torque motor with our 1 joule limit, they are really meant for higher than that, a high speed motor would be better to spend your money on, but be wary, things get interesting when you go above 20rps

I dont have any experiece with either motor yet to be honest., I know that the more torque you have more powerful a spring you can compress but i havent really herd much about high speed motors on the net., will have to have a look into them., do ya have any personal preference as far as brand goes in a high speed motor KD?

only one i've used so far is the Systema Turbo to be honest, fastest motor you can get as far as i know

systema it is then :).,
    *Goes off scaning ehobby*

Lots of interesting information in this thread. I ask since my parts for my G36 have just arrived, and will involve an upgrade to 9.6V. I'll let you know how that goes.

I did 9.6 at first and didnt really see that much of a difference from te 8.4, thats why i went for a larger battery., id say the most important thing is to shim the gears nicely so that the gears sit comfortably and dont bind. once you have them nicely shimed it'll greatly reduce the chance of striping gears etc and should handle higher voltage with ease., :).,

• Advertisement

Did you manage to get the 10.8V with a mini connector or did you switch connector? I couldn't find any when I went looking so opted for the 9.6V

Advertisement