Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Want to get my car re-painted with Chromaflair?

Options
  • 07-01-2008 12:27am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,
    I was just looking at a couple of American car websites and I was spitting with jealousy over some of the paint jobs, that gorgeous Chromaflair paint that changes colour depending on what angle you look at it! Where can I get it done and how much would it be? I have a small car (Punto), it is maroon red.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,542 ✭✭✭Duff

Is that ''flip'' paint your talkin about?..If so its a tough job to do, you would need to find a spray place that would be willing to do it as some wouldnt touch it and if it goes wrong it will look awful. Done right however it looks amazing in the sun, I reckon you would be looking at 2k+ for a decent job i.e removing old paint, prepping the panels and then the re-spray..Try Google for some numbers of spray places..

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

I agree with saxoduff, your looking at €2k minimum, its just not worth it in my opinion, save your money for when you can get insured in a proper car and if you have money left over get it done then but as saxoduff says it might not turn out too good even after spending so much money on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭LuckyStar

Thanks guys. I am in two minds about it, the car only cost me a grand and it is a 97 so I am probably gonna be keeping it for a year and then getting rid of it once I am experienced enough at driving to trust myself in something more expensive. I don't know whether to get the paint done or not, like if I was to sell it, anyone looking for a 97 Punto is just looking for something to learn in- as I am doing now- and might not be too pushed about it being the best looking car around, so I would have better chance of selling it. Plus they are a young person's car anyway so there is more chance of whoever the buyer is liking the colour. Whereas if I was to buy myself a Scenic/Focus/etc next year, these are not so much learner's cars so the buyer would care more about it being all different colours! If you get me...

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭FiSe

2 grand for material only, me think....

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,501 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

yup, i reckon it would be 3k - 3.5k. Realistically, spending that money on the car, you will not be able to sell it for anywhere near that price. Complete waste of money being honest. Good idea though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

:eek:, Luckystar your mad in the head if your realistically consering this idea!! Chromflair isnt like any other paint it sets you back €100+ a litre!! and for a complete spray inner sills and doors your looking at the best part of €600 for the paint alone. Its lunancy in the highest!

But that money would be so much better spent on another car;

ish

http://www.midnightclub.ie/forum/showthread.php?t=8577

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

the guys are tight dont do it if your only holding onto it a year or so, if you want to change the look of your car nicely and cheapily try get your hands on some OEM pieces from the top model say the GT or Sporting try the scrappy, transform the look of the car but hold on to the original parts so you can fit them when your selling it.

Just my 2 cents, but do what YOU want in the end, build a car for you.

projectgtr wrote: »
    the guys are tight.

Its so easy to spend somone elses money, i was giving the OP some realistic advice. Its dosent make economic sense as the OP is still learning to drive and is bound to have bumps and scratches in her motoring carrer. And getting the car repaired with flip paint isnt going to be cheap.

-VB-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

Volvoboy wrote: »
    Its so easy to spend somone elses money, i was giving the OP some realistic advice. Its dosent make economic sense as the OP is still learning to drive and is bound to have bumps and scratches in her motoring carrer. And getting the car repaired with flip paint isnt going to be cheap.

-VB-

Dude its quite obvious from what he is saying in the post that that was a spelling mistake... I'm pretty sure he meant to say "the guys are right"!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

whats the damage on getting a car painted a normal colour.

i have a red 97 civic coupe lsi 1.6... would love to paint it in "hondas championship white" which is probably just normal white that honda renamed!

• Advertisement

Your car looks nice, personally i wouldnt paint it white.

But if you have your heart set on doing it it will set you back around €1800 - €2300 for the job to be ''done right'' also that Honda colour, it is an off white colour. I know on the DC5 the paint is around €120 a litre.

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

-VB-
    :D:rolleyes:
    good one VB, come on read the sig do you really think id endorse that kind of money on paint??

thans for the backup Rory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Rory123

:cool:Just doin' my job.:cool:

Your car looks nice, personally i wouldnt paint it white.

But if you have your heart set on doing it it will set you back around €1800 - €2300 for the job to be ''done right'' also that Honda colour, it is an off white colour. I know on the DC5 the paint is around €120 a litre.

-VB-

fook that be better off just buying a white civic. have u seen my car vb?!

I'm a fellow Donaghmeder, and your car is on your bebo, and your bebo is in your sig.

Its fun internet stalking!!:D

-VB-

hahaha ah that would explain it. them pics r old, from the day i bought the car. gettin lowered in 2 weeks.

wat volvo u drivin? my dad has the 850 t5. rocket!

Not driving Volvo at the min, but i do drive carina, that by all accounts isnt considerd a car suitable for this fourm.

Meh ; http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055182391&highlight=carina+alloys

-VB-

• Registered Users Posts: 4,537 ✭✭✭joseph brand

Flip paint a PUNTO!!!! Eeek.

What happens if the car gets a scratch?? Prob mad cheap to fix. :rolleyes:

Advertisement