Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Luxury hotel?

Options
  • 07-01-2008 12:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭

Can anyone reccomend a luxury hotel in Cork city? We will fork out the few extra quid to make an occasion out of it

I want to treat the missus and 2 small kids for a few days in the summer. It doesn't have to be too central because we will bring the car but it would be nice to have place with a pool that is within 2 or 3 miles of Patrick Street.

I googled it and the Radisson sprung out but I cannot figure out how near it is to the city. Also, is the Fitzpatricks still there?

Thanks in advance from a Galwegian.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

If you want real luxury the Sheraton Fota resort is fantastic but a bit away from the city although you could pop into fota wildlife pak with the kids for an afternoon to look at the animals and whatnot. In the city, the only 5 star hotel is Hayfield Manor which again is not in the CENTRE but is a walkable distance. Silversprings wouldn't be on top of the league anymore. Know a few people who stayed there during the year and were not impressed at all. Right in the centre of the city is the clarion which most people seem really impressed with.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭Agamemnon

Go for the Radisson in Little Island. With a car, it's a 10 minute drive from the city centre.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

A bit further out and more like 20-25 minutes to the city centre, the Capella Castlemartyr is a five star that's only just opened in a refurbished country house. Real 5 star prices though.

http://www.capellacastlemartyr.com/

If you decide to go there let us know how you get on, I'd love to hear what it's like.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

slightly further out but with a great spa / pool etc is the Carlton in kinsale.

Also the newly refurbished Jurys in the city centre now has a leisure centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,584 ✭✭✭c - 13

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    If you want real luxury the Sheraton Fota resort is fantastic but a bit away from the city although you could pop into fota wildlife pak with the kids for an afternoon to look at the animals and whatnot. In the city, the only 5 star hotel is Hayfield Manor which again is not in the CENTRE but is a walkable distance. Silversprings wouldn't be on top of the league anymore. Know a few people who stayed there during the year and were not impressed at all. Right in the centre of the city is the clarion which most people seem really impressed with.

Second the sheraton, stayed there around September last year and absolutley loved the place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 31,692 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

c - 13 wrote: »
    Second the sheraton, stayed there around September last year and absolutley loved the place.

3rd it. Was there for the afters of a wedding on new years eve. Gorgeous place. Saw one of the bedrooms as well. Wow! I'd happily live in the bathroom!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Capella is nice but very very expensive, Hayfield Manor is only a 10-15 minute walk to the city center.

Advertisement