Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Japanese/Nissan parts shop

Options
  • 07-01-2008 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭

Hi, does anyone know of any good Nissan parts shop in the dublin/wicklow area, my sisters primera needs new CVs and I want to steer clear of the nissan main stealers. Theres lots of shops for german car parts but I cant find any for the japs. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

Any good motor factors will have the spurious ones.

May have the nissan one's too or be able to get them.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

did you price them at the main dealers?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

no, I didnt even bother but after getting a price of €120+vat a piece off ashgrove I might try them, I was expecting them to be about 60quid each

Edit, actually my sister did get a quote of €600 to replace the two of them at a Winsor (not sure which one), I dont know if she told me correctly or if they're having her on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Should be 60-70 euro and available from any motor factors.

Genuine Nissan parts are very cheap too. Prob not as cheap tho.

JHMEG wrote: »
    Genuine Nissan parts are very cheap too

HA

It turned of the it wasn't the cv, but the splines on the 1/2 shaft were gone instead, Ashgrove told me I'll have to go to a Nissan stealer for it. I'm just back from my local Nissan dealer and he quoted me €1128 for it :eek::eek::eek:, the car is not even worth that! I was fairly close on telling him to shove it up his ass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Is that jsut for the part or part fitted?? Could you try the breakers tghe part. What year is it?

Nope, AFAIK, that was just for the part, I didn't hang around to ask otherwise. I'll try the breakers tomorrow, failing that I've seen the full 1/2shaft and cv on ebay from the uk for £50. Delivery will be probably be steep enough but still, wont be anywhere nere €1100
    Edit, its a 97, should be afew in the breakers hopefully

Advertisement