Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engagement party location

Options
  • 07-01-2008 1:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭

A friend of mine just got engaged and she wants a party. Would anyone know any locations available early in February, for 60 people, in City centre, that would allow us to take our own champagne. We would still buy drinks e.t.c.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Doyles on fleet st

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

I doubt any bar would let you bring in champagne without paying them corkage - around e15 a bottle minimum

• Registered Users Posts: 1,537 ✭✭✭Downtime

The Clarendon - dunno about bringing your own champers but its great for a party - room upstairs about €400

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭MIN2511

Thats the thing... like they want something different, no house parties or dinner... Rang a few places but it seems everywhere is booked in Feb, beginning to think it's Christmas again:confused:

SamSarah has a good party space & its free to book. Not sure about corkage, but they are very good to deal with...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

If you're worried about corkage, ask them to supply Prosecco or Cava instead. Shouldn't cost more than e30 a bottle then. I was thinking about this last night and upstairs in the Market Bar might be an alternative. Can just order off their food menu and there's Cava on the drinks menu. Only thing is that there's no music and the feedback from people talking can be annoying. I presume you can book it and I doubt if they'd charge - other than standard service charge for groups ordering food and drink at same time.

Spy bar in the Powerscourt Centre might be ideal, I had my 30th there & people even brought food with them. The staff were very accommodating & they can give you different rooms depending on the amount of guests.

Advertisement