Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The truth about Facebook

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 868 ✭✭✭DonalN

jasus !! scary stuff - don't have a facebook or bebo page- I hate the damn things I tells ya...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Bleh,

I can understand why some people may feel scared b ut not all that fussed if some Yank knows what I look at on the web.
    Not really going to affect me now is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Phah,
    If the CIA, IAO or the department of defence want my information I'm sure they can just ask the irish government for it, they dont have to look at my facebook account

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Reminds me of the snuke up Hillary Clintons snizz episode of Southpark. Done as a spoof of 24 Kyle finds things out about people by cross refrencing there MySpace pages with their video blogs on youtube etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    Reminds me of the snuke up Hillary Clintons snizz episode of Southpark. Done as a spoof of 24 Kyle finds things out about people by cross refrencing there MySpace pages with their video blogs on youtube etc.

Just saw that last night, hilarious episode! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,238 ✭✭✭humbert

It does put a different perspective on facebook applications like, "where I've been" and, "cities I've visited" and questions like political and religious views. However I simply regard what I put on the internet as public knowledge, even if I make my profile private.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I wonder if MySpace/Bebo and the rest are like that as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 984 ✭✭✭cozmik

jameshayes wrote: »
    Phah,
    If the CIA, IAO or the department of defence want my information I'm sure they can just ask the irish government for it,

Yep and you can be sure the Irish Government will be happy to share that info, no questions asked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

FunkZ wrote: »
    I wonder if MySpace/Bebo and the rest are like that as well?

don't forget about boards and its super right wing owners...........

Advertisement