Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best way to buy from o2?

• 07-01-2008 2:18am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I want to buy a SE K800i (thanks to all who suggested it) from o2, but it's not for me, it's for somebody with a speakeasy account (I'm on speakeasy too).

Seems if you're a new customer, it's shown at €119+202 free credit, but if you add it to cart, it comes in at €129.

If you buy as existing customer, it's €129+up to €100 credit.

Then if you buy at pay monthly, yo u get it from 0-€79 or something.

Is it ok for me to order this for the other person, or should I order it after logging into o2 with their number and what option should/can I choose to buy to get the best value?

Any feedback appreciated :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Just go ahead and buy a Speakeasy upgrade on the website using whatever login (if you have one) that you want. This login will have no relationship to the phone which you choose to use the Speakeasy upgrade with. The person you give it to can then go and register it for themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,838 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Thanks for the reply. So there is no way to get the €202 credit and the phone for €119 if it will be used by a current speakeasy customer?

Does the credit have to be used on the phone it was bought with or what's the story there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

I presume you can but, the person you're giving the phone to would probably have to use a new number!

What if they changed to say vodafone and kept their number, then changed back to o2 as a "new customer" and kept their number from Vodafone, which would be the original number they had with o2? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

O2 porting offers only apply to brand new customers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,042 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

cormie wrote: »
    What if they changed to say vodafone and kept their number, then changed back to o2 as a "new customer" and kept their number from Vodafone, which would be the original number they had with o2? :D

What you could do is just use the new sim until the credit is finished and then put the old sim in the new phone!

See the phone isn't for me and the person I'm buying for is a bit of a technophobe so that'd be far too much pressure as well as learning a new phone :o

What's "porting"? If it's going from one network to another, would they not be viewed as a brand new customer if coming from Vodafone?

Advertisement