Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mechanical to Structural

• 07-01-2008 6:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Im in my 4th year of a mecheanical engineering degree but i woud like to go into the structural engineering field.
    Do i need to do further study into the structural field or would the Mechanical degree be enough to get a job?

Any advise would be greately apprieciated.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,224 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Goofy wrote: »
    Im in my 4th year of a mecheanical engineering degree but i woud like to go into the structural engineering field.
    Do i need to do further study into the structural field or would the Mechanical degree be enough to get a job?

Any advise would be greately apprieciated.

I doubt you could go from mecheancial engineering to structural engineering without more training. While the two fields are similar there is a lot of differences in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 DoubleJK

Hello Goofy!, I don't mean to hijack your tread. But may I ask you way it is you want to switch?

Advertisement