Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

IE7 Opening up loads of tabs [CRASH!]

• 07-01-2008 6:28am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭

Has anybody else had this happen to them?

For the 3rd time just there now IE7 began opening up loads of tabs to the point where the comp just stalled!

The 1st time I thaught it was me just overclicking to open a new tab.

Granted my XP installation has a mind of its own at this stage.(2.5 years without a fresh install!!) But it seems a little malicious to me!!

Awaits recommendations of Firefox:p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

Do this

Please download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) and save it to your Desktop.
    • Close all other windows before proceeding.
    • Double-click on dss.exe and follow the prompts.
    • When it has finished, dss will open two Notepads main.txt and extra.txt -- please copy (CTRL+A and then CTRL+C) and paste (CTRL+V) the contents of main.txt and extra.txt in your next reply.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭techguy

I've just scanned and the results are attached below..

My God! These reports have really emphasised the need for a fresh install.WOW!

ASJ: I'm sure you'll find lots of creepy crawlies here! If you have a look, Thanks in advance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭ActorSeeksJob

Sorry bout that, missed the topic

Please post the reports instead of attaching them as it makes them easier to read

Before we begin, you should save these instructions in Notepad to your desktop, or print them, for easy reference. Much of our fix will be done in Safe mode, and you will be unable to access this thread at that time. If you have questions at any point, or are unsure of the instructions, feel free to post here and ask for clarification before proceeding.

Download SDFix and save it to your Desktop.

Double click SDFix.exe and it will extract the files to %systemdrive%
    (Drive that contains the Windows Directory, typically C:\SDFix)

Please then reboot your computer in Safe Mode by doing the following :
    • Restart your computer
    • After hearing your computer beep once during startup, but before the Windows icon appears, tap the F8 key continually;
    • Instead of Windows loading as normal, the Advanced Options Menu should appear;
    • Select the first option, to run Windows in Safe Mode, then press Enter.
    • Choose your usual account.
    • Open the extracted SDFix folder and double click RunThis.bat to start the script.
    • Type Y to begin the cleanup process.
    • It will remove any Trojan Services and Registry Entries that it finds then prompt you to press any key to Reboot.
    • Press any Key and it will restart the PC.
    • When the PC restarts the Fixtool will run again and complete the removal process then display Finished, press any key to end the script and load your desktop icons.
    • Once the desktop icons load the SDFix report will open on screen and also save into the SDFix folder as Report.txt
      (Report.txt will also be copied to Clipboard ready for posting back on the forum).
    • Finally paste the contents of the Report.txt back on the forum.

Also post a new DSS log

Advertisement