Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broken LCD Tele, Can it be fixed?

Options
  • 07-01-2008 6:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭

Hey sorry i dunno if this is the right place but i figured gadget heads would be able to help me on this..

I broke my friends tele recently.. it'sa 32 inch LCD.. i hit the screen with stick (barely tapped it) and the middle part of screen leaked.. A few lines of black goin straight down the middle about 2 inches thick.

I asked him had he Insurance, warranty and could it be fixed.. he answered no to all 3 and got a new tele the next day leaving me with a 800 bill..

Ive since asked a friend who worked in a TV shop and he reckoned in some cases it can be fixed.. and that it was only waiting to happen?

Any body experience this? Where would i go to fix it?
    i asked one shop and he said he wouldnt even look at it unless he sold it which he didnt..

any ideas?

thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

What make is the TV? There are usually authorised repair centres for various makes.

That's the problem I see with LCD's in that they're very fragile.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Flynn

i dont actually know.. i'll have to check it out.. His new one is a philips and he said it's much better so id imagine the broken one is a smaller brand.. which means less chance of getting it fixed eh?

Advertisement