Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ring taxi (Nurburgring)

Options
  • 07-01-2008 6:49am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Im thinking of heading over this year for a blast in Sabines taxi. Would love to know if its worth the outlay or of any tips when planning a trip. Myself and another guy may be planning to fly in to germany and rent a car to get up to the track. I dont trust my banger to driver over and back!

Thanks guys.

It certainly looks like fun: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/Features/articleId=121631

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭gufcfan

Driving the Nordschleife is something I would love to do. I have known about the track for years, but I know every corner since the track was included in Forza Motorsport a few years back.

Giving that a go would be a must for anyone attempting the Nordschleife, be in in the driver's seat or not.

Did you see Clarkson drive it on Top Gear. He was sh!tting it because he went around it all day and he still couldnt remember the turns. The woman in passenger seat lived round there and was tellin him to floor it, when he didnt know what was coming over the next crest. Mad... haha

Nordschleife is not a racing track tho in the normal sense. You have to obey the rules of the road. The cops police it. And if you are stupid enough to crash into a barrier, you are liable for the repair costs. Yikes...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Try this thread. Ignore the bit where I say "you can't hire a car" - of course you can. They say they won't let hire cars in but in reality nobody checks. The bad part is no insurance will cover you on the 'Ring. If you wrote off the car you'd be liable for the cost of the car plus loss of earnings plus repairs to the track on top of medical expenses.

You might want to check the availability of the ring taxi. They are meant to be booked out months in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

http://www.nurburgring.org.uk/

This site is brilliant... Loads of info on it. I was planning a trip last year but couldn't afford it. Someday.......

U gotta remember it aint always open to the public... More n more companys are renting it out for testing n then there's track days, press days etc etc. Public days are getting fewer and fewer...

Advertisement