Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paranormal groups together

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭ghosthunter73

6th wrote: »
    Okay ... congratulation?

Ok, I can see your main goal is to stir trouble. All I wanted to know if you were having a go at myself or my group a simple yes or no would have been sufficient. You have had a go at my group on our forum and now giving me cheek?
    I have not said a bad word about anyone here or on any other forum....it's called professional courtesy.
    If you are serious about being part of a paranormal COMMUNITY you really should not be putting down other groups publicly whether it was directed at PRAI or not.
    I apologize to everyone else here who has had to put up with this indiscretion. I will not be perusing this any further. If anyone has questions regarding PRAI please feel free to contact me rather than hiding behind obscurities.

David

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

The topic here is about the paranormal community and groups, my comment was made on topic and was my opinion. If you have an issue feel free to report my post and/or contact me directly - having a strop here will achieve nothing other than to derail the topic.

Ok so with regards to a semi formal network of irish paranormal investigation groups I have some idea but I think it should move to the stage of anyone on here who is interested can mail me and I'll get a mailing list together as well as those I know of that dont use Boards.ie

Some of the things I see this working with are:

• A general show of solidarity

• The discussion of locations with the aim of making sure groups are being treated fairly i.e. not being over charged etc.

• A mailing list and/or a bulletin board where groups can highlight upcoming events or promote any media coverage etc.

• A place for groups to seek new members. This would be handy as it would suit people looking to join a group - they could see who is in their area.

I am sure there are other uses so feel free to post here or drop me a line. A contact from each interested group would be great so we can all give our input.

What this wouldnt/shouldnt be is a set up where people are told what the should and shouldnt do. Group would have nothing to do with each other other than to network - there is no heirarchy, but we all know that.

I personally would frown on groups charging individuals above and beyond a reasonable rate to join in on trips - I've seen people charged stupid amounts to go on trips in the past. If its a commercial venture then it should be stated very clearly.

Opinions/Ideas/Suggestions?

I got bored:

IPIN.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

6th wrote: »
    I personally would frown on groups charging individuals above and beyond a reasonable rate to join in on trips - I've seen people charged stupid amounts to go on trips in the past. If its a commercial venture then it should be stated very clearly.

Opinions/Ideas/Suggestions?

I agree, and I have not seen any of the groups posting here who do that, I know that I get mails about open investigations from the PRAI that were the same price as we have been charged i.e. at cost, no more no less, very fair etc.

I agree with Ladybird and KShiles and no I'm not a woman:) a sit down at the end of the month would be great.
    I've been on investigations with other Irish groups and I thought they were great, very interesting seeing different approaches. One however was too "sensitive based" for me and it ruined the trip for me TBH and I dont get the chance to do enough in a year so a messed up one really gets to me.

This is a hobby for me that I enjoy. I still have to work and pay bills and most times I never get to try all I want to try on an investigation, I find it difficult to fit enough investigations into year at the moment, I'd love a few more simple Dublin locations that could be done on a week night, going to the same places over and over again is boring. So throwing some places around would be great, I know I got a new one this christmas that I will share once I investigate it to see if there is anything behind it. (it can be rented)
    I love the boards community, but (not aimed at anyone) they are a lot of drop outs from here on trips. I like the size of our group and the fact that when we organise something that we do it (generally), thats very important for me, so meeting up with people with similar convictions would be great.
    :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

i think ive found an answer of sorts. NightWatchers was set up by Todd Sheets as a blanet group for other smalelr groups to get to gether and organise and discuss furthering their colelctive interests in the paranormal field. We were talking to Todd the other night about how we here in ireland would like to get to know other groups better etc etc etc and also stay in close contact with other groups throughout the world - NightWatchers seems to fit the bill as we would have our own irish section on their site yet we could easily get in touch with any paranormal group the world over.

If anyone is interested, Leinster paranormal want to join NightWatchers (he's said we can have a NightWatchers Ireland setup) with the intention of working with other Irish groups. I think if we all want to help and work together without hitting the problemns outlined above (who admins, who owns this that and the other etc) then Nightwatchers is the way forward .. none of us own it, but yet its the perfect way to keep in touch and organise some jopint investigations etc etc.

As I say - Im looking for feedback and anyone interested so we can see if we can get this going ..

rather than me trying to explain this, heres what Todd has an an intro to their site.
    Nightwatchers Mission Statement

OK - I have already written about this in a few areas - but I still get some questions, so this little letter here will answer all of these, I hope. First of all - what is Nightwatchers? Well - it all started about 9 months ago when I realized how many letters or messages I get a week asking how to get into this or how to find a group - some people had groups that burned them or were inactive. Some people had groups that had disbanded and were no more. Some were older investigators who just didn’t like some of the exposure that groups seek. Anyway, these letters made me think - wouldn't it be cool to have a place where ANYONE could go and do some investigations and share info. I talked to guests about it. I talked to groups about it. Everyone said how cool it would be. No one had thought of it or if they did, had not DONE it. A true huge, nation-wide Paranormal Group for people to be a part of that would be pro-active and positive and supportive.

Many letters asked how small groups or individuals could get into locations to study and investigate without a larger group with an established name. Now they can. Now all of this is possible. The Nightwatchers is for YOU. All of YOU. Some have said "I want to join but I am part of this group and can't." WHY NOT??? The whole GROUP can join!!! This is about UNITY. About sharing information, learning together and working together in the field and online!!! This is NOT about stepping on anyone's toes. It is NOT about hurting a group - or taking away from a group - BUT - it is about giving YOUR GROUP more resources, more strength and more power to get the places you want!!!

Do not ever be afraid to speak openly here - never fear ridicule or anger - we are a family and it's OK to disagree....

THIS is all about COMMUNITY -

So if someone signs up but does not drop in at all or does not even say Hello - it's like someone buying a house in our Community but never moving in!!! Kind of a waste really. But sad mostly - cuz they are losing all of this - strength in numbers - power to YOU, the people!

We at Nightwatchers are committed to:

Providing each other with support and an area to speak freely and without fear of ridicule.

Provide better understanding of tools and techniques used in Ghost Investigations

Provide a strong community of people who investigate areas all over the USA

Provide both large and small locations to investigate all over the USA

To help connect groups and people from the same area to go to locations and investigate

To provide areas where you can post evidence and get honest opinions without fear of attacks.

To provide areas where you can post and find links to locations for investigations in your area as well as finding online Paranormal resources!

To ALWAYS conduct ourselves in a professional and friendly manner to locations and to each other – to remain respectful to people and property and to always handle everything we do with integrity, honestly and honor!!!!

Help people who are experiencing paranormal activity FREE of charge - ALWAYS. Look for evidence of paranormal activity and Educate the general public about paranormal phenomenon in our communities.

Always handle the field with logic, tolerance and integrity. To always be open as individuals to new ideas and new evidence.. To learn and grow together as a community seeking answers in the realm of the Paranormal!

Most of all HAVE FUN and be PRODUCTIVE and help each other - this is YOUR COMMUNITY - make it the best it can be!!!

As a member of THIS community, you have more clout than you may realize. It's just a matter of standing up and making your voice heard! Be patient and kind to each other at all times and keep up the good work with how you welcome new people - joining a community this large can be intimidating at first, but this group always makes it so easy to fit right in!!! Good going!!!

Keep promoting Nightwatchers in the way you are all doing it so far - don't pester or beg or bother - just nudge gently - hehehe - let you friends and other groups know that there is an alternative and right now as the field of the Paranormal seems to be growing petty and more and more back-stabbing and nit-picking and insane gossip grows - this community needs to stand taller, stronger and louder that we are FREE of that horse crap! We are the future of Paranormal Investigation dammit - and no one can stop us!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

sounds good I am haunted, I've seen this in operation before with some new york groups, they all share a forum, well found

Count me in, its easier to jump on something thats already established.

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭DANNY22XX

WELL THANK GOD FOR THAT:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭iamhunted

todd wants to interview myself and danny on his Nightwatch show, so we'll be discussing this with him and hopefully start getting the ball rolling on it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 steve...

DANNY22XX wrote: »
    well guys just going through the web and anyone in paranormal groups from ireland join the likes of international investigators,,,or sites similar,,,
    now i have no probs with that at all in fact our group is probly on most of them,,,but i was wondering,,why dont the irish groups here get together and start something like all ireland paranormal association or org what ever..its sad when i have to check out an american site to check out what my paranormal friends here are getting up to,,,,so who would be intrested in getting something together were we can share ideas and have like sister groups.
    i know our team are up for it what about yours,,,.
    paranormal commuinity is great but i thought a commuinity starts from home
    hi my name is steve,i,ve just moved from hertfordshire to donegal...i have been in a paranormal group for 2 years and love it...can anyone tell me is there any groups in Donegal or where are the groups.....cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

steve... wrote: »
    hi my name is steve,i,ve just moved from hertfordshire to donegal...i have been in a paranormal group for 2 years and love it...can anyone tell me is there any groups in Donegal or where are the groups.....cheers

Hi Steve,

Well, there's 'Paranormal Ulster' (not sure exactly which part of N.I. they're based in), run by a fella named Mike Hirons, who have a website: http://www.paranormalulster.com/#/about-mike/4548940942 They also have a link to their Facebook page on that web page, so you could add them as a friend.

Then there's this group named 'Laghey Hauntings', who have a Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/laghey.hauntings I think they're based in Donegal.

Then you have the more serious paranormal research foundations (which would still entail practical fieldwork, like in a run-of-the-mill paranormal investigation team). Not sure if they tend to routinely seek new members, but it might be worth contacting them anyway.

The Northern Ireland Paranormal Research Association (NIPRA): http://www.nipra.co.uk/ I don't know where in N.I. the association is based, but I'd imagine they cover a lot of ground within the whole province regardless.

That's all I can come up with, tbh.

Advertisement