Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HiViz kids - impressive

Options
  • 07-01-2008 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,501 ✭✭✭

I was driving through the Phoenix Park on Saturday afternoon and saw a family cycling. The 3 kids were all wearing hiviz jackets and helmets (which looked like they were on properly too!). The kids were between 5 and 10, cycling behind their father, with the mother following at the back.

I must say that I was impressed (probably because such responsibility is unusual).
    My wife commented that I'll probably follow suit with our kid (though it'll be a while as he's only 6 weeks old). Yellow and orange are my favourite colours. :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 422 ✭✭RAFC

Good to know that there really are responsible parents out there - I'm sick to death of young kids cycling out in front of the car with dark clothes, especially on these dark evenings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭ruprect

They are very effective, many consider them better than back lights. I have this one

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Models.aspx?ModelID=11427

very light and surprisingly warm. I have a medium which is tight (5'11'' 12stone) and I only have it, a tshirt and sweatshirt on during these cold days, with good gloves and a balaclava. Good since the arms are bright, not just a vest, I see somepeople with vests and a bag on their back covering it.

Also got a really good cateye back light, I had the 1000 and lost it, upgraded to the 1100, which is cheap with the dollar the way it is

http://cgi.ebay.ie/CatEye-TL-LD1100-LED-Bike-Tail-Light-Cat-Eye-LD-1100_W0QQitemZ270201285917QQihZ017QQcategoryZ22689QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 697 ✭✭✭oobydooby

Lidl were doing these little wrist/ankle bands for joggers a while back. Pack of 4 for 6 euro I think it was. They're reflective but they also have little LEDs on them too so you can clip your trousers and the moving lights are very very visible (and draw curious comments if you walk around having forgotten to remove 'em):o

Sorry - no link this week

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭wahlrab

they were probably a german family over here on tour:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 185 ✭✭roadmanmad

IKEA do a junior size.

• Advertisement
Advertisement