Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hillary Clinton for President?

• 07-01-2008 11:16am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭

Should the USA ever have a woman President?

It it safe to have a female who is at the mercy of PMS for 5 days a month to be in control of the biggest nuclear arsenal in the world. Although Ireland has had female Presidents the most dangerous thing they ever controlled was the switch for the Christmas lights, not the "big red button".

When Bill's hormones got the better of him it resulted in a blow-job.
    When Hillary's hormones get the better of her will it be a blow-up-job?

Are women losing the run of themselves and going power mad?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 FagFury

Every war and genocide in the world has been started by men, so putting a woman at the helm would be an improvement. Then again, putting Kermit the Frog at the helm would be better than George Bush!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭cance

posting in legendary thread.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Hagar wrote: »
    It it safe to have a female who is at the mercy of PMS for 5 days a month to be in control of the biggest nuclear arsenal in the world.

Hagar, you sh!t stirring bastid, she's old, she hasn't suffered from PMS for a long time now ya muppet.
    Are women losing the run of themselves and going power mad?

/B's finger hovers over the site ban icon....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,793 ✭✭✭✭Hagar

Morning Ber. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

I reckon Hilldawg will do just fine, anyone is better than the current muppet they have.

They could definitely do with the auld womens touch...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Morning brat :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,714 ✭✭✭✭Earthhorse

I'd like to see her do it, if only so that the roll of presidents will read:

Bush
    Clinton
    Bush
    Clinton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Earthhorse wrote: »
    I'd like to see her do it, if only so that the roll of presidents will read:

Bush
    Clinton
    Bush
    Clinton
    If Hilary gets in will it be Clinton's bush? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

I wouldn't be the biggest fan of the Hilldawg myself but meh...

FagFury wrote: »
    Every war and genocide in the world has been started by men, so putting a woman at the helm would be an improvement.
    I don't buy that argument. Women always claim "Behind every successful man there is a woman" so it's a fair bet the poor guy was manipulated by the missus into starting the war.
    You can't claim credit for the good stuff if you won't take responsibility for the bad stuff.

Then again, putting Kermit the Frog at the helm would be better than George Bush!
    Agreed. But not Miss Piggy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

Beruthiel wrote: »
    Hagar, you sh!t stirring bastid, she's old, she hasn't suffered from PMS for a long time now ya muppet.

hahaha!!

She wont get it anyways

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I think they should give it to the black guy whose name rhymes with Americas biggest enemy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

Sure a woman can be president but I really don't think it should be Hilary Clinton, she wouldn't be much of a change from Bush really.

I doubt Hilary still gets PMS, she is nearly too old.

I think it will be Obama.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I think it will be a white male, and that anyone of a different gender/race has fúck all chance.

Isn't it strange though that we actually give a sh1t when it comes to US presidents and why do we care more to the point?. When the US elections come up it dominates the news around the globe, however I don't even know who the Canadian president is, nor have I heard anything about their elections, yet in my opinion they are a far superior nation...

The US haven't an iota of culture sure they all want to be bloody Irish!, yet we hold them in such high regard.....strange as fcuk..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,929 ✭✭✭Raiser

biko wrote: »
    I think they should give it to the black guy whose name rhymes with Americas biggest enemy.

His middle name is Hussein too..... :eek: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barack_Obama

WTF - Conspiracy theorists like c'mon wake up already !?!?!!?!?!?

P.S. I'd rather see Osama Bin Laden as US President than that evil, devious, corrupt little schemestress puppet Hillary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭prendy

Isn't it strange though that we actually give a sh1t when it comes to US presidents and why do we care more to the point?. When the US elections come up it dominates the news around the globe, however I don't even know who the Canadian president is, nor have I heard anything about their elections, yet in my opinion they are a far superior nation...

the canadian president doesnt affect Ireland like the US one does...politically and economically.
    i think hillary would be a good president FWIW.

Feelgood wrote: »

Because it has a knock on effect on the whole world.
    The US haven't an iota of culture sure they all want to be bloody Irish!, yet we hold them in such high regard.....strange as fcuk..

They really don't all want to be bloody Irish, the majority of Americans haven't a clue where Ireland is or have any degree of knowledge about us.

They're favourite question is:

"<insert anything, for example: roads/houses/thanksgiving/the wheel>, Y'all got that there!?"

The-Rigger wrote: »
    Because it has a knock on effect on the whole world.

Yep I understand, but at what point did we make them judge and jury of the world?. Given the past history of the nation, how come they get all the kudos?.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,056 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Women, know your limits!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

if soemone gave me a ballot paper with only George Bush and Hillary Clinon on it, they wouldn't have to put a gun to my head, i'd have already happily ticked GWB and handed it back.

Hillary is a repulsive human being.

thank **** her campaign seems to be imploding.

Yep I understand, but at what point did we make them judge and jury of the world?. Given the past history of the nation, how come they get all the kudos?.

I dunno, I'm not much on history.
    They weren't appointed or anointed. They took it. :p
    They don't have kudos, they have power.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 950 ✭✭✭EamonnKeane

Yes, but we don't really care about other important countries: very few people could tell you the name of the Japanese PM (Yasuo Fukuda), or the president of China (Hu Jintao), or the Indian Prime Minister (Manmohan Singh). These three countries also have a huge influence on the people of the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

I'd vote Obama, or O'Bama as he's known in Offaly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 FagFury

I don't buy that argument. Women always claim "Behind every successful man there is a woman" so it's a fair bet the poor guy was manipulated by the missus into starting the war.
    You can't claim credit for the good stuff if you won't take responsibility for the bad stuff.

Agreed. But not Miss Piggy.

Sexist. Typical man, start wars and blame the women! "Oh poor little me, I didn't mean to do that but the missus made me!. yeah, right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

daveirl wrote: »

Your talking about over 60 years ago here Dave, in the last 20 years what have the US contributed to our society??.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Your talking about over 60 years ago here Dave, in the last 20 years what have the US contributed to our society??.
    Britney.

If Portlaoise can have a black mayor than the US can have a balck president. He won a caucaus in Iowa, one of the most wapish states in America so I reckon Obama has quite a good chance to win. Not every American is a racist, you have to remember a huge portion of the electorate aren't actually white.

• Advertisement

smashey wrote: »
    Britney.

Ha yeah deadly....Britney, Mickey D's and Starbucks....my life is complete...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,539 ✭✭✭ghostdancer

connundrum wrote: »
    I'd vote Obama, or O'Bama as he's known in Offaly.

it's true!

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/0315/obamab.html

They have done ALOT of bad too there matey, but hey sure noone is perfect.

Lux23 wrote: »
    If Portlaoise can have a black mayor than the US can have a balck president.

True, distinct lines can be drawn between the mayorship of Portlaoise and U.S presidential politics. :p
    Lux23 wrote: »
    you have to remember a huge portion of the electorate aren't actually white.

I'll try to remember that. :rolleyes:

75% are white.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,166 ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Sexist. Typical man, start wars and blame the women! "Oh poor little me, I didn't mean to do that but the missus made me!. yeah, right!

Sense of humour transplant for table 6 please! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 paddymorrison

however I don't even know who the Canadian president is
    Maybe it's because they don't have a president in Canada? Their head of state is Elizabeth II.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

DaveMcG temp banned. ¬_¬

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

Don't think one person is going to be able to make the radical change that the US needs though, they will still be a bunch of nutjobs....

Not to worry anyway, apparently by the end of 2008 China will be the biggest English speaking country in the world and possibly the next superpower?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

biko wrote: »

Osama v Obama - the wordplay possibilities are endless ! Well ok maybe not quite as endless as you'd think.

Re hilldog so long as she is checked for snukes and is pms free there are no more risks than normal - besides bill will be there to take over if it gets too much :) I did see john mc cain promise to catch osama though so maybe he will come back in the polls ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,031 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Every war and genocide in the world has been started by men, so putting a woman at the helm would be an improvement. Then again, putting Kermit the Frog at the helm would be better than George Bush!

Rubbish.
    Thatcher
    Catherine the Great of Russia
    Various English Queens.

I honestly don't like Hillary. She will always be a PMRC tout to me.

American politics is awful but if I had to choose, I think Obama would do well.
    A lotta people claim he's too inexperienced but so were Roosevelt and JFK who did fine (although JFK died awful quick)

• Advertisement

(although JFK died awful quick)

Those lads down in Texas sure didnt like him :(

I can see the headlines now: Obama been 'lected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I can see the headlines now: Obama been 'lected

: ) Well rush limbaugh has started calling him a 'halfrican american

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Should the USA ever have a woman President?

Nope.

Women and queer's, both are too unstable for positions of authority.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

I honestly don't like Hillary. She will always be a PMRC tout to me.
    Pakistan Medical Research Council?

http://www.pmrc.org.pk/

Pakistan Medical Research Council?

http://www.pmrc.org.pk/

No no he means....

PROGRAMA DE MANEJO DE RECURSOS COSTEROS
    www.pmrc.gov.ec

In otherwords an illegal immigrant.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

I like to see Obama elected, just to piss off all those white supremists and KKK idots.

Jobs. To name just one contribution.

To say that the US Election has no baring on the rest of the world just because you don't like America is a tad blinkered. And just before anyone calls me a yankee lover, im no fan of America's policies eitehr.

And for all those who seem to think that Obama has no chance because he is a black man says an awful lot about your own prejudices. If I like a candidates policies and I think they are an honest (for a politician anyway) I will vote for them no matter what their colour or creed. And I assuming thats how most people look at things even if they are white americans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,056 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Senna wrote: »
    I like to see Obama elected, just to piss off all those white supremists and KKK idots.

Da Black House fo'real!

• Registered Users Posts: 838 ✭✭✭purple'n'gold

Morlar wrote: »
    : ) Well rush limbaugh has started calling him a 'halfrican american

The “brothers” are suspicious of him; his father is from the wrong side of Africa.

• Advertisement
Advertisement