Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Fence

Options
  • 07-01-2008 11:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

My garden fence blew down with the strong winds. It is set in cement boulders but the cement has totally split so I'll need to get new cement boulders put in to hold the new fence in place. I have no idea where to start looking for this. Would I need to get a builder or a gardener or what?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

You need either a premix bag of concrete mixture or mix your own cement sand and gravel.

Buying premixed cement sand and gravel is an expensive way to do the job but cost effective if its only a couple of posts you will probably find something suitable in a garden centre, you might even see something refered to as postmix http://www.castlecement.com/new/PDF/readybag/CAC%20PostMix%20New.pdf which is the sort of thing you need.

If you're not doing it yourself any decent gardener/handyman can do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭bullpost

Get pass-through fencing if you can - It'll stop this happening again. Mine used to blow down all the time but replaced it a few years ago and no problems since.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 hotstuff2

thanks. We have already bought the actual fence posts so just need to get the cement part done. I've been told to look for a fencing contractor but not having much luck so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭the GALL

hotstuff2 wrote: »
    thanks. We have already bought the actual fence posts so just need to get the cement part done. I've been told to look for a fencing contractor but not having much luck so far.
    where are you living i do this sort of work i may be able to help you out:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭ttm

hotstuff2 wrote: »

I wouldn't hold your breath for a fencing contractor. They may not be bothered for a few panels, especially if you alreay have all the materials.

• Advertisement
Advertisement