Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Selling a website

Options
  • 07-01-2008 11:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4

Hi,

I have run a buesiness that the shop front is essentially a website. I have since bought another business that is very time consuming but was wondering if anyone had any idea of how to value a website that can be done as a home based business.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭mick.fr

Hi,

I have run a buesiness that the shop front is essentially a website. I have since bought another business that is very time consuming but was wondering if anyone had any idea of how to value a website that can be done as a home based business.

Sedo.com should be helpful for what you asking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭DJB

How much money do you make out of the site each year? Multiply that by 3 maybe?

Which site you thinking of selling?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Isn't sedo.com just a domain auction house?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Eirepreneur

Thanks

The site itself showcased projects that I was involved with and products I sold...the name of the site is www.bazilico.com

I dont feel like I am advertising it becaue I changed the contact number and disconnented the emails so no one can ask for any products. Just felt it would be good for someone who wanted a hoem based business that has low overheads.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Hey James, maybe try looking on the Sitepoint Marketplace- they have a lot of sites for sale and quite often you see prospective owners looking for information and giving their opinions on valuations.

Update:

From an SEO viewpoint it does not appear to be hugely valuable. I'm guessing that you're either bringing traffic in through other means (PPC or mailing list) or you're selling it as a potential money maker, but not a going concern? Can you give more information on what kind of traffic and conversion rate you're seeing, and what the operations side of the business consists of?

Cheers.
    Alastair.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Eirepreneur

It never needed search placement as I used to just feed through information to all the agencies and place it on industry specific websites which gave me the right level of traffic as opposed to randomers tyre kicking.

Thanks though for the tip...it is being sold as a going concern

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

It never needed search placement as I used to just feed through information to all the agencies and place it on industry specific websites which gave me the right level of traffic as opposed to randomers tyre kicking.

Thought it might be something like that. Well, if you have analytics, or even basic "unique visitor" numbers and your sales records you can figure out conversion rate. It should be fairly decent due to lack of low quality traffic and pre-qualified visitors. That may be an indicator of strong potential for interested parties.

Keep us updated - it's interesting to see how people get on with these!

Advertisement