Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Breakup any come back?

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

First off she may well come back. I've had exes come back. All but one actually. Some even swore they would never talk to me again and didn't fancy me anymore. Those bits you can take with a pinch of salt in one way. That's what she means at the time. You'll remember she told you she loved you and fancied you not so long ago. She meant that at the time too. She changed her mind then didn't she?

Funny thing is the best relationships I know were exes at one point. Sometimes for years.

Secondly, the crux of the matter. She won't come back and you'll get and keep no one else, if you're a weak sniveling child, crying into his beer in an emotionally unstable fashion over one woman out of billions. This is a fact. If in the future, you do happen to pull a woman and hang on to her, or even marry her. She will sooner or later lose respect for you and you'll be another one of those all too common spineless husbands that the wife nags and avoids having sex with. Why? Because she wont respect you as a man. She'll resent you and herself for having to act emotionally like the man and woman in the relationship.

If your ex knows you'll always be there for her, you go down in her estimation. If you put her on a pedestal above all other women and yourself, you go down in her estimation. If you tell her that she's the only woman for her and you can't be happy without her, you go down in her estimation. If you're more needy that she is, you go down in her estimation. If you're emotionally more volatile than she is you go down in her estimation. Some of this may seem counter intuitive, but it's pretty much what happens.

She's looking for a man, not another girlfriend or a pretend son that she has to look after. She'll figure, what happens when the **** really hits the fan and she may need support. She won't get it off someone that is not her equal.

"Moving too fast" could be easily translated as " I like you, but you're smothering and a bit too needy. This was fun at first, but theres not a lot to you and I know most of it by now. I'm getting cold feet".

Gyalist put it right. "get a grip". Find out what you need to grip and do it. A 28 year old man and you're crying at work? Cop on and move on.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭SarahSassy

Cathooo wrote: »
    If she was hurt in the past by a guy then maybe she's scared at how close ye were getting. With a child involved maybe she just doesnt want to risk falling in love, letting the child get attached to a man and for him to leave. She's obviously going to put her child first.

Sounds like she has issues with men anyway. I don't see her going back to you sorry.

This makes a lot of sense... 100% agree.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 193 ✭✭whatsgoinon

I just split with my fella, after 2 weeks he told me he loved me, this is WAY too fast in my opinion, and I told him so, had a big chat about it, basically there was a major lack of commmunication largely from his side, he was only able to express himself through a screen, ie computer or text. Wrecked my head, yesterday when we broke up, I was up the walls with assignments and he texted to say he was dropping out of his course and he was sorry things ended this way. I was livid, 28yrs old and getting dumped by text, I think not!! called round his house after walking the rage out of myself, he also sent another text after saying he would do anything to keep me, woh sonny!! needy/desperate/slightly psychotic are words that sprung to mind.
    anyway we got it sorted but won't be getting back together, we just want totally different things from life.
    onwards and upwards eh, yeah it's heartbreaking, but it's better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I just split with my fella, after 2 weeks he told me he loved me, this is WAY too fast in my opinion
    You are so right. Nail on the head. Anyone man or woman that comes out with i love you too fast is a person with a big red flag sticking outa their head. Really bad sign. It shows serious emotional immaturity. These types always fall out of love just as quickly. I would say too fast is anything under a few months.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

Advertisement