Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

All them KM's and no need for a...

Options
  • 07-01-2008 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Roish, so I've had my brand spanking new 02 Ford Transit Van since June and have done about 12,000 miles and every time I check the oil, it's at the right level, same with the air in the tyres. As in I've never needed an oil top up according to the dip stick. Is this normal?

Also, who was the poster here who did a thorough service for €180 all in? Think it may have been Junkyard, was it? I'd like to put it in for a service just to be on the safe side even though everything is going fine with it (shocking to hear from me I know:o). Any other recommendations on Transit mechanics who are fairly priced?

Also, where's a decent place to wash a van? As close to Dun Laoghaire as possible :)

Any feedback appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,988 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

cormie wrote: »
    Roish, so I've had my brand spanking new 02 Ford Transit Van since June and have done about 12,000 miles and every time I check the oil, it's at the right level, same with the air in the tyres. As in I've never needed an oil top up according to the dip stick. Is this normal?

Yes. No car/van should burn oil, it's usually just the bad ones that do or else if there is a design flaw in the manufacturing. Keep checking them anyway as the van ages parts will wear and it may start burning oil.

Good to see you didn't get a lemon this time:D

Can't help on the other questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭cormie

Cool, here's me thinking it would mean something bad that I haven't needed to top up the oil yet :)

Advertisement