Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frying pan with 2 segments?

• 07-01-2008 12:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,036 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Does anyone know if such a thing exists as a frying pan with two segments?

My girlfriend is vegetarian, I'm not, and i was thinking that it would be a handy way for us to use one pan to cook (my chicken on one side, her Quorn on the other when we're making fajitas for instance) without our food mixing up.

Obviously, we could use two pans (as we do at the moment), but this would be a much neater solution.

I've taken a look around the web (Amazon, Tefal, Le Creuset, etc.) and haven't found anything.

Does such a thing exist? If so, would anyone know where to get one?

(If it doesn't - patent pending :p)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭chuckles30

I've never seen anything like you suggest in a frying pan, but have you mentioned this little suggestion to your gf? Before you get too excited about it, she might not be too impressed with her food being cooked so close to meat......what about the possibility of some of the meat juices spashing onto her food? It can easily happen. Personally I eat meat, but I know friends of mine who are veggie and very fussy about how their food is cooked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,036 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Oh, yes, I've talked to her about it. You do have a point about the splashing, and obvoiusly the next question after "do these things exist?" would be "and how well do they work?". If there was only the odd splash of oil that some chicken was frying in, it wouldn't bother her. If it was beef stock splashing out, it probably would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Excellent, thanks. Looking at the separators on the pans in the image, I can see that splashing/mixing might be an issue all right.

I've found the very thing I was looking for;

http://www.kitchenemporium.com/cgi-bin/kitchen/prod/21nw10627.html

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,367 ✭✭✭✭watna

phutyle wrote: »
    I've found the very thing I was looking for;

http://www.kitchenemporium.com/cgi-bin/kitchen/prod/21nw10627.html

That's a good idea. use an omelette pan. You can get them in most kitcheny type places as far as I know. It's kind of a good idea. Neither myself nor my OH are vegetarians but it's be handy not to have two frying pans if you're cooking cmaller amounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Splashing will be a problem as mentioned. I know vegans who would not eat something cooked on a pan that once cooked meat. Many presume all vegetarians are completely against eating meat and probably animal lovers, but some are doing it for health reasons and could very well be on the RSPCA's 10 most wanted list, in which case a tiny bit of animal matter might not bother them. Just like some pioneers/tee totalers might not mind a minute trace of wine in a meal.

Advertisement