Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Nuvi 3xxx Speaker volume

• 07-01-2008 12:36pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭

Hi, I got a Garmin nuvi 310 for christmas, and love it apart from the poor speaker volume. My car is a noisy diesel so at speed it drowns out the weak speaker. I planned to use the sat nav for playing podcasts and audio books but need to boast the volume somehow.

I could use an FM transmitter but my experience with their quality has been poor.
    My car radio hasnt an AUX input and hasnt a cassette player (only a CD).

1. Is there any hack to increase the volume?
    2. Is there such thing as an adapter from the earphone jack to a CD player (similar to the cassette adapter).
    3. Any other options apart from replacing my car radio,

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,675 ✭✭✭mondeo

Go onto the garmin website and install the firmware update. It adjusts the volume to make it louder. I had this problem also lad and got the update and it's much louder now......:D

Tomasso

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭fisab

mondeo wrote: »
    Go onto the garmin website and install the firmware update. It adjusts the volume to make it louder. I had this problem also lad and got the update and it's much louder now......:D

Tomasso

It would be brilliant if that was it.
    By firmware, do you mean "software update"?

Mine is at version 4.2. The latest is 4.4.

But I have noticed something in the update history that implies that the max volume may go down not up:

Changes made from version 4.30 to 4.40:

Correct a problem with the Detour function locking up
    Corrected translations of Go Home
    Updated Traffic Translations

Changes made from version 3.90 to 4.30:

<snip>
    Fixed issue with max volume to stop over driving the speakers and blowing them out
    <snip>

Are you at version 4.4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭optiplexgx270

im on version 4.4 but cant comment on speakers, only that i didnt notice the volume going up or down for that matter...

Would love to get a 720 instead of a Nuvi 370 i have to say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 232 ✭✭fisab

Updated from 4.2 to 4.4 last night.
    Based on a limited test I did notice less distortion on the top volume setting. Before there was distortion on the very top setting so I couldnt really use it - now I think I can so if this proves to be the case across the board then, yes the upgrade has made a difference.
    Many thanks for all the replies.

Advertisement