Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginner - HELP!!

Options
  • 07-01-2008 12:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Hey everyone!!

I knows theres a million threads on this out there, but I was looking for a bit of help with this. Ive used a Tascam 424 for a while (not much tho) to make a few home recordings. But ive now decided (10yrs behind the rest of the world) to go digital. Ive got a high spec PC and was just looking for reccommendations for further equipment?? I was considering the Zoom H4 as it is an all in one package, does anyone have any suggestions. Im on a limited budget and im not looking for anything spectacular, just something to record a few tracks, guitar based etc. Thanks!!

Also ive heard alot about the toneport by line 6, can anyone advise on this? Is it for simply recording guitar tracks or can it be used for vocals etc also, and does it come with recording software!!

Cheers!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Paligulus

deed wrote: »

Also ive heard alot about the toneport by line 6, can anyone advise on this? Is it for simply recording guitar tracks or can it be used for vocals etc also, and does it come with recording software!!

Cheers!!

I'd recommend the Toneport. You can record Guitar, bass etc and Vocals. You can record guitar and vox at the same time. It also comes with modelling SW which is pretty good called Gearbox. It models Cabs, Amps and FX so you can use it for guitar,Bass and Vox.

It comes with Ableton Lite, which is obviously a stripped down version of the real version.

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 deed

Cheers Paligulus, so you can get a straight forward recording using the toneport. Im not looking for anything super fancy and that seems well within my limit!

Thanks!

Advertisement