Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Westland Peugeot Bodyshop

Options
  • 07-01-2008 12:38pm
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone used them and if so what did you think?
    Driving my wife's car last night, I was involved in a small incident (not my fault!) and she wants the Pug stamp on the repairs.
    I have very little respect for their service dept (based on experience) but want to know your opinions on their bodyshop.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Notch000

Get it to a decent body shop, peugeot dealers are semi retarded. I'd aggree that the service outfits are truly useless, its why there were ranked 39th out of 42 dealers in customer sastisifation by the irish times last year,
    there an absolte rip off too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 236 ✭✭bo-bo

dont know about Westland, but would they not just outsource the work to a local bodyshop anyway (and charge a mark up)?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

kbannon wrote: »
    Driving my wife's car last night, I was involved in a small incident (not my fault!) and she wants the Pug stamp on the repairs.
    I have very little respect for their service dept (based on experience) but want to know your opinions on their bodyshop.

Our local peugeots bodywork (outsourced) is literally the worst I've ever seen. They must use children. 100% shamelessly cheap crappy job. You can see the bad colour matches with your mouth.

I would never expect to return a car to a main dealer for best repairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I've used Westland for service and found them excellent. That said, I don't think they have a bodyshop on site so they most likely farm it out - find out who from (they'll tell you if you ask) then deal directly with the subbies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

They do outsource to some place in Ballyfermot/Cherry Orchard. Can't for the life of me, think of the name of the company.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭WHITE_P

kbannon wrote: »
    Prior to becoming Westland, they traded as Sean Murphy Autos, and provided excellent service, althought that was mainly due to the fact that it was a family run business. Their body shop was located in Ossory Road Industrial Estate, off the North Strand, and their repair standards were excellent. I don't know if this is still the case.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Volvoboy

Westland do have a in house bodyshop.

I know one of them in the bodyshop.

I wouldnt give them a push bike to repair.

-VB-

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

thanks folks.
    @WHITE_P - I remember that garage. Myself and a mate called in there when they had two E30 M3s - a rare sight in Ireland. Apparently one got wrapped around a lampost shortly afterwards!
    I think I will get it done elsewhere regardless of what 'er indoors wants!

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭D20903

Westland have their own bodyshop in Cherry Orchard Ind Est which is still run by one of the aforementioned Murphy brothers. The standard of work they put out is consistantly higher than most bodyshops - & before anyone jumps to conclusions my only affiliation to them is as a customer for more than 7 years; I simply wouldn't send a car anywhere else for bodywork.

The E30 M3's mentioned earlier in the thread were owned by the brothers that run the garage; one was a Sport Evolution (the black one) which was written off shortly after being sold to someone else & the other one (the white one) was flood damaged when the river Tolka burst its banks in '02/'03 and flooded the entire Ossery Road Ind Est........

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,741 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Thanks folks

• Advertisement
Advertisement