Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

O2 credit checking for new customers - what's the story

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Vodafone point blank rejected me(for Vodafone Simply and 12 month contract) and I was fuming considering I see the shoddiest people getting contracts and me, a vodafone agent (dispite my young age) getting rejected. 02 took me straight away online moving from Speakeasy to Bill, only took 5 mins and was passed straight away with no deposits or anything:rolleyes: but cancelled the 02 account after a month and hoping to get vodafone contract soon:D (hurry up vodafone with the N97)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

cgarvey wrote: »
    No point, as they just tell you to write to a PO Box number, in Dublin, to find out why. Madness!

That's what the email said. However I sent her into a three shop and all went through no problem. I used the online application myself which worked well and that's why I couldn't figure out what went wrong for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

They're hadly turning doen custom for the laugh. Obviously they have their reasons and deem you to be slightly riskey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Random1

in my past experiences of working in a phone shop it's down to a few things which if on your application you will be accepted. say you're a home owner, living at the address for 3 years+. say you're job is permanent and you're in it 3years+, you've been with your bank 10years+ etc. i used to put this on contracts for people just so they didnt get declined. they have no way of checkin these details and i never had a declined contract after. might have changed in the last 2 or 3 years but i doubt it!

it has little to do with previous loans etc imo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Lads, you can find out exactly why the turned you down. Send them a request under Section 4 of the Data Protection Act 1988. Trade secrets won't protect them then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Bond-007 wrote: »
    Lads, you can find out exactly why the turned you down. Send them a request under Section 4 of the Data Protection Act 1988. Trade secrets won't protect them then.

Yes, but that, too, must be in writing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

Indeed.

But using the DPA does not allow them to fob you off with bullcrap like trade secrets and policy.

Advertisement