Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I miss Digiweb :(

Options
  • 07-01-2008 2:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭

Moved into a development in sallins,naas and got in digiweb broadband.This was a great service with fast speed and no interuptions.We were then told by the maintanence company to take the aerial down as it was breaking the contract boo hoo.

Since then I'v been looking for a provider that I won't need any antennae outside and that I can recieve in sallins.I don't want to get a phoneline so eircom is out of the equation.Have heard irish broadband ripwave is terrible. and clearwire is very expensive for a decent connection.Will ring NTL to see if they have bb rolled out to sallins but this is unlikely.

Does anyone have any other suggestions to what provider I could use?

I'm in the middle of studying for a masters and the internet is my crutch!

Thanks all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

O2 or Vodafone broadband should do the trick...expensive though.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Though 3G (O2, 3, Vodaphone) can be slower than Ripwave. They are also more expensive and much much lower cap.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,538 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Yeah while 3G is quite good in dublin,naas is too far out to get good consistent coverage.had a friend bring his out and wasn't the best.Called NTL,they won't be rolling out in the near future either.

does Irish Broadband breeze require an antennae?Anyone ever put an antenna inside their window on the wall?Is that completely ridiculous?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

Yeah while 3G is quite good in dublin,naas is too far out to get good consistent coverage.had a friend bring his out and wasn't the best.
    I use O2 in Limerick, Wexford, Waterford, Galway and other locations, and it's been fine. If you have 3G coverage, then it's normally good. It isn't propper broadband at all though, no comparison to DSL products or good wireless like Metro.
    does Irish Broadband breeze require an antennae?
    Yes, similar to Metro.
    Anyone ever put an antenna inside their window on the wall?Is that completely ridiculous?
    I think so, yes.

Did the management company contact you by letter ,or in person, to remove the aerial? Did you consider telling them to fcuk themselves? Is the apartment yours, or do you rent. If it's yours, then I don't think a management company can legally force you to remove anything from your property.

Anyway, discounting getting the phone line might have been a mistake, it may be your only real option.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Breeze uses a large antenna. I've seen almost all wireless systems that use outdoor aerial work through a window or clamped on a Balcony.

Even if you own an apartment you may not be allowed to drill the walls, but they can't stop you using a balcony clamp.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,037 ✭✭✭Nothingbetter2d

those rules about no antennas or dishes suck....we got digiweb at home here and its a tiny little square box thats attached to the chimney...hardly what u can call an eyesore.........what sort of knobheads decided that a satellite dish or a bband antenna is considered ugly....its today's technology...peeps need to deal with it and get used to em...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

those rules about no antennas or dishes suck....we got digiweb at home here and its a tiny little square box thats attached to the chimney...hardly what u can call an eyesore.........what sort of knobheads decided that a satellite dish or a bband antenna is considered ugly....its today's technology...peeps need to deal with it and get used to em...

hehe I live in the new Appt's in Ballymun and we aren't allowed put up any
    dishs/antenna either!! Although I have by sh*twave modem sitting out on
    the balcony as the windows completely block the ripwave signal!!!:cool:

Advertisement