Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newcastle Co Dublin - Broadband Providers

Options
  • 07-01-2008 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭

I have a friend moving from abroad into this area to rent for 6 months and doesn't want to get a land line. Can anyone advise on the best possible providers?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Henry O'Henry

Just double checking to see if anybody else already lives there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭sn00ps

Wireless broadband is available from Digiweb, Magnet, IBB, not sure about Clearwire

Eircome flavour DSL is available from pretty much everyone but it depends what part of the village as the local exchange is in Rathcoole and some houses are outside its reach.

To the best of my knowledge no other carrier has unbundled the exchange ..

Not too sure about the coverage in the new estates, all but Newcastle Glebe should be fine as they are close enough, even NG might be ok due to recent upgrades with the exchange ..

HTH

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭Henry O'Henry

Thanks Snoops

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Speeds

I'm based on the Hazelhatch Road in Newcastle, and have been using Ice Broadband for the past 2 years, with no problems.

Advertisement