Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boxer Website

• 07-01-2008 2:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

i have a website now www.boxerlandireland.com please take a look and tell me what ye think, i still have a lot more to add to it.

Any input will be appreciated.

Shinners:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 219 ✭✭Annika30

The photos are lovely, I love the breed!
    Annika

• Closed Accounts Posts: 727 ✭✭✭shinners007

Thanks a mill annika!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Shelli

Great site!

I love boxers. This is the family baby, Cleo:

cleo-1.jpg

And this is her guarding the new arrival a few months ago:
    168084869a5401885205l.jpg

Such a softie :rolleyes:

Will definately be looking at getting another boxer when I have a house of my own! (Hopefully later this year)

Thanks shellie,

Cleo looks fab! Has lovely markings also, there a great family dog alright!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭lisajane

The most cutest pictures. I love those dogs. Was thinking on getting 1. Are they any good with other dogs? I have a staffie already.

• Advertisement

Hi Lisa Jane,

Thanks so much, Boxers get on great not with only humans but with other dogs also. Some people think that when you have one boxer that you have to get another boxer as a playmate, this isnt the case usually the person will have falling in love with the breed, its temperment charachteristics etc, and really get another boxer for that reason.

I would seriously recommend that you research the breed thoroughly before buying one though, they have become terribly popular at the momement and because of this there is also a lot of unreputable breeding going on.

Ensure the breeder is legite and has carried out tests on the parents and that there healthy, and also that the pups are vaccined vet checked etc.

There are a lovely playful breed and are very loyal. But there not for everyone so research and planning are the key elements to consider before buying one.

Too may out there are buying dogs on a whimp or because they look lovely/cute without actually researching the breed to find out if the dog will suit.

Hope this helps

Sinead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 MOLLY13102007

Great website full of helpfull hints -thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 actionman85

just got a boxer pup 2 weeks ago, shes fab love her to bits.

hi guys,

thanks for the comments.

Hi Lisa Jane,

Thanks so much, Boxers get on great not with only humans but with other dogs also. Some people think that when you have one boxer that you have to get another boxer as a playmate, this isnt the case usually the person will have falling in love with the breed, its temperment charachteristics etc, and really get another boxer for that reason.

Sinead

Totally agree, Cleo just loves to play with all other dogs, I myself had a little ****zuXterrier (Clara) that Cleo just adored, she took her under her wing from the start and played non stop with her, very gently though as she knew she was so much bigger than the little pup.....they even slept in the same bed, Clara curled up at Cleos belly!! :D
    She would even open the door for Clara to go out the back!
    It was so funny to see Clara hanging off Cleos ear for a swing and then sliding across the tiles when she left....always followed by Cleo chekcing was she ok and giving her a lick! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Vmaxer

Shelli wrote: »
    Great site!

I love boxers. This is the family baby, Cleo:

cleo-1.jpg

And this is her guarding the new arrival a few months ago:
    168084869a5401885205l.jpg

Such a softie :rolleyes:

Will definately be looking at getting another boxer when I have a house of my own! (Hopefully later this year)

Fantastic looking Boxer Shelli, I've been looking for Months for a Boxer with similar markings, Do You know Her Breeder?..

If You could point Me in the right direction I'd appreciate it, I'm waiting for the right Dog...

To be honest we were very lucky with Cleo, my mother bought her from what I would consider to be a dodgy breeder....we had to chase them for ages to get papers, and even then I don't think the ones my mam got were kosher.
    We have her neutered so no pups for us :(

Maybe shinners will be able to help you, the pics of the pups on her site are fab!

Hi Guys,

Currently all my puppies have gone to new homes now and have settled in extremely well!

Dubsmax dont go for a Boxer based on just looks or markings, ensure the breeder is reputable, the parents are healthy and have been tested , vet checked and certified, etc.

What good is a nice looking Boxer who actually turns out unhealthy and where on problem leads to another?? This is happening too frequently, The boxer breed is over bred in this country due to a popularity trend at the moment so beware that some simply just bought adults and started breeding just to make a few quick bucks out of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Vmaxer

Thanks for Your advice Shinners, the reason I was looking for a Boxer with more white markings was so He wouldn't remind Me of My old Boxer who is sadly missed.. But as You say a healthy Boxer if far more important, Do You expect any more Pups in the near future?

Hi ya,

im so sorry you lost a boxer my apologies i didnt realise, its just some people out there are searching for boxers for looks and markings only and not considering the if the parents or pups are in good health and so on. I understand you want one a bit different so that you wont be comparing so to speak.

Gandalfs mum, you can see him on my homepage in the site, will be due to come into heat soon, they had there boosters yesterday and all the adults had there check ups and are fine and healthy. So either way it will probably be 20weeks or so before i have pups again, as i only have three female adults and on average they have one litter a year, if they come into heat too soon i let then skip as they need time to be free from pups and to regain there weight and health.

I have a waiting for her puppies from people who bought previously and who seen them and where reffered to me so on.

If you need any advice or have questions feel free to contact me at any time.

Advertisement