Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tips Thread (fancies go elsewhere) - READ MOD NOTE in POST 1 before posting!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I'd say there's an orderly queue forming to see him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

Sorry lads Load of pish, saw a few 200e e/w bets on it today he may avoid town for a while !

• Registered Users Posts: 8,058 ✭✭✭Guffy

Sorry lads Load of pish, saw a few 200e e/w bets on it today he may avoid town for a while !

Ah not to worry... u just passed a tip on ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭zimmermania

I can pass on a tip for Empresario in the 9 15 Dundalk.Had a spin round there a couple of weeks ago and acts on it
    The problem is the horse is a bit of a rogue and is not guaranteed to give his running.
    Has plenty of ability and is wearing a tongue tie and a hood in an attempt to win.

Missed the break last time and ran ok making up a fair bit of ground behind Sharjah,is a few lbs better in and is doing his best tonight.At 20s or 25s in places this one is worth a tenner ew or whatever ones modest bet is. Not for widows or orphans but well worth taking a chance that he puts his best foot forward.
    Like a lot of "good" ew bets finished a close 4th,ran really well after being out the back.As I posted before here trainer does not bet (also trains Gretzky and Shalaman).

)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

Dundalk is a glorified greyhound track, replete with the trickies that go with it. Unless somebody has a genuine inside tip for a horse running there, anything else is not worth tipping up.

• Advertisement

Dundalk is a glorified greyhound track, replete with the trickies that go with it. Unless somebody has a genuine inside tip for a horse running there, anything else is not worth tipping up.

I do not quite understand the point you are making.AW racing is here to stay and offers punters an opportunity to gain an edge if they understand the quirks of the different tracks.Southwell for example seems to suit certain horses who act on it and cd winners are well worth looking at.Dundalk also seems to suit certain horses.Your point about a genuine inside tip is difficult to prove as we must learn to judge for ourselves if a poster has inside info available to them.I never tip a horse unless I know I have it from a trusted source and the horse I tipped yesterday ran a close 4th at 33/1 despite meeting a little trouble in running.The price was high because as I mentioned previously horses from this trainer often drift as he does not bet and I can reveal that certain punters were on at very big prices on betfair.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

As always I appreciate the tip and just pissed at myself I did not back it e/w without fav

racso1975 wrote: »
    As always I appreciate the tip and just pissed at myself I did not back it e/w without fav

Thanks,he will be running again next Friday in Dundalk and we hope to get 7 or 8 to 1 will keep yourself and the others posted.

I do not quite understand the point you are making.AW racing is here to stay and offers punters an opportunity to gain an edge if they understand the quirks of the different tracks.Southwell for example seems to suit certain horses who act on it and cd winners are well worth looking at.Dundalk also seems to suit certain horses.Your point about a genuine inside tip is difficult to prove as we must learn to judge for ourselves if a poster has inside info available to them.I never tip a horse unless I know I have it from a trusted source and the horse I tipped yesterday ran a close 4th at 33/1 despite meeting a little trouble in running.The price was high because as I mentioned previously horses from this trainer often drift as he does not bet and I can reveal that certain punters were on at very big prices on betfair.

My post wasn't directed at you. My point is that Irish racing is bent enough at the best of times, without adding a low-rent all-weather track into the mix.

My post wasn't directed at you. My point is that Irish racing is bent enough at the best of times, without adding a low-rent all-weather track into the mix.

We all know that horses at all levels are run in the interest of those who pay the bills.This rule applies to AW or turf and is particularly true at the very lowest level.AW racing provides an opportunity for horses of limited ability to get a run and keep owners and trainers in the game and often provides the only racing when the weather is bad.
    Prizemoney is getting better and the good Friday card at Lingfield is a step in the right direction.Punters can bet on aw racing and can see horses running on similar ground week in week out.
    Last Friday the longest price winner in Dundalk was 8/1,3 favs and a joint fav won showing a decent profit betting blindly on favs.
    On the same day favs also showed a profit at the other aw venue.A 2/1 winner at Southwell pays the same as a 2/1 winner at Cheltenham and it is up to punters to bet on the aw if they wish.

• Advertisement

On the same day favs also showed a profit at the other aw venue.A 2/1 winner at Southwell pays the same as a 2/1 winner at Cheltenham and it is up to punters to bet on the aw if they wish.

I take your point, but as a form student of sorts, I'd be a lot more confident that horses will be running on their true merits in a pattern race, compared with a seller at Southwell.

I take your point, but as a form student of sorts, I'd be a lot more confident that horses will be running on their true merits in a pattern race, compared with a seller at Southwell.
    Of course and so would I and I would reserve my larger bets for listed or group races.But we have to understand that aw racing is becoming more important and there is something of a revolution taking place.

Last Friday the prizemoney for the feature race in Dundalk was the same as the top prizemoney on offer at Cheltenham and the 2nd most valuable race carried more prizemoney than any race at Newcastle on the same day.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

You are far more likely to receive good information for a low grade race where the majority of the field are out for a spin or to reduce it's handicap mark, as opposed to a pattern race, where the form is known to a tee and every horse is trying.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

As for Dundalk being a glorified greyhound track, what a pile of nonsense. It's a brilliant all-weather course that gives us very good competitive racing on a very regular basis, and also holds pattern races by the way.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Back on-topic please - start another thread for side discussions, if appropriate.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Coltard

just got a tip for Celtic Artisan in the 12.40

• Registered Users Posts: 8,707 ✭✭✭shmeee

Kempton 2.20
    Bridge That Gap e/w @ 11/1

Fancied to be in the mix

shmeee wrote: »
    Kempton 2.20
    Bridge That Gap e/w @ 11/1

Fancied to be in the mix

The fast finishers killed us for a place. Came strongly up the rail but not strong enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

shmeee wrote: »
    The fast finishers killed us for a place. Came strongly up the rail but not strong enough.

It looked like the jockey stopped riding or had to stop riding well into the final furlong.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Poor ride! Was looking for the easy route throughout, never really went to win the race

• Advertisement

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    It looked like the jockey stopped riding or had to stop riding well into the final furlong.

Twas odd, travelled into a good position but then didn't go on. Wasn't brown bread either as single figures on the machine. And some money came from 11s into 8s.

Source wouldn't BS either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭maximo31

Just passing on. : Catchy Lass expected to win tonight. Joey supposed to have said that he would expect him to win if he stepped back up in trip after riding him the last day. Took 6/1 last night.
    Up to yourself!

Thanks,he will be running again next Friday in Dundalk and we hope to get 7 or 8 to 1 will keep yourself and the others posted.
    1ST reserve as of now,may not get a run-will update later as there may be another plan not involving Dundalk.

1ST reserve as of now,may not get a run-will update later as there may be another plan not involving Dundalk.

Did not get in as there were no withdrawls,it might be no harm in a hot handicap.Watch out for this one over fences over the holiday period,fit and versatile will be worth supporting.

Did not get in as there were no withdrawls,it might be no harm in a hot handicap.Watch out for this one over fences over the holiday period,fit and versatile will be worth supporting.

Empresario?

Chesty08 wrote: »
    Empresario?

Yes.

Yes.

Cheers! il keep my eye out & on the thread. Backed him the last day

I received word that Knockgraffon is expected to run well in the bumper today at F house.W illie Mullins has one that cost €215000 after winning its point to point and his record in bumpers is there for all to see.
    However I am told Knockgraffon will repay ew support and is not without a chance of winning.

Was told today to back Gilgamboa in Limerick and On The Fringe in Down Royal on St Stephens day. Don't think they are going to be huge prices mind.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

TheTorment wrote: »
    Was told today to back Gilgamboa in Limerick and On The Fringe in Down Royal on St Stephens day. Don't think they are going to be huge prices mind.

Would anyone know when bookies go NRNB for 26th, or have they already? PP used to have a symbol to tell this but not sure as I havn't been backing in advance lately. thanks.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement