Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tips Thread (fancies go elsewhere) - READ MOD NOTE in POST 1 before posting!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭ManagerXI

Also money back on losing horses if Sprinter Sacre finishes top 2 with Ladbrokes (max E25).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Got genuine word that Edgardo Sol is expected to run very well in the 4 oc at Cheltenham Thursday.Has lots of decent form on the course
    over the distance though could not really be considered "well handicapped".Because the information is 100% from the "horses mouth"so to speak I looked at all of his runs and while he appeared to be running on strongly over 2 miles 5 in his hurdle races his chase record (just a couple of runs) suggest he finds the trip long enough,which is a bit of a puzzle to me as one would expect he would stay further over fences
    My info is that connections expect he will run a big race and at the price (20-25) he must be worth a few quid ew.
    Rawnaq runs in the same race and anyone who pays any attention to what I post here will be aware that I know a little about the chances
    of horses from that yard so if there is anything to report I will do my best to put it up here tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Got genuine word that Edgardo Sol is expected to run very well in the 4 oc at Cheltenham Thursday.Has lots of decent form on the course
    over the distance though could not really be considered "well handicapped".Because the information is 100% from the "horses mouth"so to speak I looked at all of his runs and while he appeared to be running on strongly over 2 miles 5 in his hurdle races his chase record (just a couple of runs) suggest he finds the trip long enough,which is a bit of a puzzle to me as one would expect he would stay further over fences
    My info is that connections expect he will run a big race and at the price (20-25) he must be worth a few quid ew.
    Rawnaq runs in the same race and anyone who pays any attention to what I post here will be aware that I know a little about the chances
    of horses from that yard so if there is anything to report I will do my best to put it up here tomorrow.

That is sick!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

John Breslin's niece works in my place and he was home from America last week at the Ireland vs England game. He told her that Ted Veale is in better form than when he won the county hurdle a couple of years back. Obviously a lot of horses have been laid out for the grand annual but at 14/1 he might be worth a squeak. Incidentally the also fancy Quick Jack but he's short enough now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Shemale

For what its worth I got a shout for Windemere from a rock solid source, he wouldnt want it much softer.

Source gave me 5 tips, the last 4 are Silver Concorde, Spring Heeled and LW last year and Windsor Park Tuesday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

Shemale wrote: »
    For what its worth I got a shout for Windemere

Can't find this horse in any race?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,511 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Lord Windermere (3:20) maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Mr E wrote: »

Yip

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Heat_Wave

Mr E wrote: »

Thanks. I was scrolling straight down to 'W'!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

I wish I wasnt able to find it now. Just terrible all the way.

• Advertisement

Chesty08 wrote: »
    That is sick!

??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭skippymac6

skippymac6 wrote: »
    John Breslin's niece works in my place and he was home from America last week at the Ireland vs England game. He told her that Ted Veale is in better form than when he won the county hurdle a couple of years back. Obviously a lot of horses have been laid out for the grand annual but at 14/1 he might be worth a squeak. Incidentally the also fancy Quick Jack but he's short enough now

Sorry lads never seemed to get going. Was decently backed but just not his day

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

??

Sorry Zimmer!! I was looking at the race on the phone with no volume and was following colours - followed the wrong one thought he was just pipped for a place

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Gavster1982

Moonmeister anyone? 6/4

For what its worth I got a shout for Windemere from a rock solid source, he wouldnt want it much softer.

Source gave me 5 tips, the last 4 are Silver Concorde, Spring Heeled and LW last year and Windsor Park Tuesday.

Awful run, must have been plenty soft, he got detatched early but unlike last year he fell further and further behind.

Hoping to hear word on Mydor tomorrow morning folks.
    I didnt hear anything on the run in to Chelt because it was touch and go whether he got in and they didnt want any word to get out.

They expect it to go very close again. Good form at home.
    The lads were gutted he didnt make Cheltenham cut as they really fancied him to put up a bold show.

For the record i wont be backing Mydor today !!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭droidman123

Slattsy wrote: »
    For the record i wont be backing Mydor today !!

neither will I....I backed theinval in it:cool:

I'd say the ground was plenty fast enough for it. Sorry folks but hopefully some of you backed it each way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭droidman123

neither will I....I backed theinval in it:cool:

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

Awful run, must have been plenty soft, he got detatched early but unlike last year he fell further and further behind.

Back all of Doctor Lame's horses that run at Cheltenham then basically.
    No such thing as a tip for a Gold Cup.

lorenzo87 wrote: »
    Back all of Doctor Lame's horses that run at Cheltenham then basically.
    Yeah cause he only has 4 horses and an 80% winning tipped rate at the festival at odds of 16/1, 12/1, 33/1 and 9/2 is terrible :rolleyes:
    No such thing as a tip for a Gold Cup.
    No such thing, like if someone in the know told you to back Coneygree for it 10 weeks ago

Would love to read more well thought out posts, keep them coming, along with your excellent tips

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

Yeah cause he only has 4 horses and an 80% winning tipped rate at the festival at odds of 16/1, 12/1, 33/1 and 9/2 is terrible :rolleyes:

No such thing, like if someone in the know told you to back Coneygree for it 10 weeks ago

Would love to read more well thought out posts, keep them coming, along with your excellent tips

Did you put Windsor Park up here Tuesday?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭Mountainlad

Don't think people should be fighting over tips, but it's a reasonable point I think that you would pay lip service to a tip for the gold cup. There's bound to be about a dozen horses who are going well, they'll have been trained for it and they're probably the best horse in the yard so there could be a likely bias there.

I'd say if you knew someone in Nicholls yard they'd have told you Conti was going great guns and had an excellent chance.

Mind you, a friend got second hand info that the Greatrex yard fancied Cole Harden for the World Hurdle and sure enough he obliged.

Did you put Windsor Park up here Tuesday?

Was at the festival and got the tip late, coverage is poxy there in anycase.

Won't be putting any word I get up here again anyway.

Have a Snickers lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

Listen dear runs tomorrow in 17.30 in Wexford, her last run was disappointing and finished way down the field as she got stuck in the mud, ground is to be better tomorrow and word from the yard is that she has improved since and is expected to go close at odds maybe around 3/1.dont know anything else about the field/opposition and only just got the word this min, so have a look and see if anybody wants a flutter

Listen dear runs tomorrow in 17.30 in Wexford, her last run was disappointing and finished way down the field as she got stuck in the mud, ground is to be better tomorrow and word from the yard is that she has improved since and is expected to go close at odds maybe around 3/1.dont know anything else about the field/opposition and only just got the word this min, so have a look and see if anybody wants a flutter
    Just to complicate matters we were told by a guy connected with Anna Hollty in Cheltenham last week that he would run well in this race.His last run was good only faded in the last 1/2 furlong and was only beaten 7 or 8 lengths.
    Listen Dear comes from the powerful Mullins stable and I would not wish to put anyone off having a punt on him but his last run was very very moderate
    and I would be slow to take a short price about him.I have backed Anna Holty at 14s with PP and I consider he has a sporting chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

Just to complicate matters we were told by a guy connected with Anna Hollty in Cheltenham last week that he would run well in this race.His last run was good only faded in the last 1/2 furlong and was only beaten 7 or 8 lengths.
    Listen Dear comes from the powerful Mullins stable and I would not wish to put anyone off having a punt on him but his last run was very very moderate
    and I would be slow to take a short price about him.I have backed Anna Holty at 14s with PP and I consider he has a sporting chance.
    She is in to 10/1 now so money is going on alright

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement