Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tips Thread (fancies go elsewhere) - READ MOD NOTE in POST 1 before posting!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

<snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭zimmermania

One of the syndicate who own Uranna,told me he is well fancied today 7 15 Pun.The only problem is Mullins also has the 2nd fav,who might even go off fav yet.Ruby stuck with Uranna and imo a repeat of his Sandown run would be enough here.
    It is less than ideal when the yard have a well backed horse,ridden by the trainers son in the same race,so I backed Uranna ew.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

got unlucky there!

One of the syndicate who own Uranna,told me he is well fancied today 7 15 Pun.The only problem is Mullins also has the 2nd fav,who might even go off fav yet.Ruby stuck with Uranna and imo a repeat of his Sandown run would be enough here.
    It is less than ideal when the yard have a well backed horse,ridden by the trainers son in the same race,so I backed Uranna ew.
    Info was on the ball,would not like to have been involved in the gamble on the other horse,my man said Uranno would have liked it a bit softer,ew was the trick and well in the money after Uncle Junior.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

was planning on doing the mullins combo tricast put i ended up just going with the forecast between uranna and lyrical theater, sickened isnt the word

• Advertisement

Lucida in the 1000 today.
    Direct from stable - they really expect she'll win, however hoping the rain doesnt get into the ground.

I've gone each way - as i know the Bolger lads always fancy their horses anyway. (I was tipping a filly who's full brother rode work there back in the day ;)) But did get plenty of winners fron her!! Giddy up :D

Good luck if ye follow folks.

Got a late tip that Legatissimo will go very close in the 1000 gns at 3 40 I am already on Redstart but I put a score ew just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Slattsy wrote: »
    Lucida in the 1000 today.
    Direct from stable - they really expect she'll win, however hoping the rain doesnt get into the ground.

I've gone each way - as i know the Bolger lads always fancy their horses anyway. (I was tipping a filly who's full brother rode work there back in the day ;)) But did get plenty of winners fron her!! Giddy up :D

Good luck if ye follow folks.

Lucida was done at 1.10 in running just by the dip

Well done to Zimmermania and the late call

• Registered Users Posts: 7,320 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Thanks Zimmer
    Standing outside Penneys in Blanchardstown waiting for the wife.

just read your post and stuck 20 on Betfair @ 7/1.

**** you Zimmer **** you! Ha ha

Sorry lads but each way money landed so hopefully money back if you followed.

• Advertisement

Aw jeez guys I tipped this one the last time it won,i posted on the fancies yesterday that it was fancied.I got a call from the course today to say they were happy with the ground and that Legatissimo would go very close.
    I let my bias that the trip would be too short affect me and I only put up the strong message late today when I fully considered the confidence of connections.
    I am pissed off I did not have 100 ew.Sometimes we think we know too much and my view that a mile was too short was nearly correct as she needed every yard of Newmarket's stiff mile.Delighted that someone got on to relieve the bookies and I think I have one from same source very soon.

CH3OH wrote: »
    Thanks Zimmer
    Standing outside Penneys in Blanchardstown waiting for the wife.

just read your post and stuck 20 on Betfair @ 7/1.

Good for you,i hate shopping and usually try to go to the bookies and collect the ball and chain when she's finished lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I ran into Hacketts on the way to the gym and stuck a few quid on the win. Walking out I noticed it was cash back if it finished second so I got my few bob back.
    Nice one anyway!

Zimmer I must PM you my number lol

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

We should have a WhatsApp group :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Not a bad idea

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Terrific idea. Would be interested if anything were to ever come from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Ill make it so! If anyone wants to join, Pm me their number please (include country code if its not an Irish number)

Will make a new thread advertising this now

I had just put up Alive Alive Oh 3 15 Curragh on the fancies thread when I get a message that Alive is well fancied.The fav is top rated but missed the 1000 gns because of a setback and if not one 100 per cent might not beat the ground loving Alive.Would be a great ew bet at 15/2 if 8 runners,but I still backed it ew before the tip so I have to up my stake now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I got a tip for Sight Hound in the 7.35 in Naas.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Sorry about that, thought he had it coming around the bend, winner led from the off

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Clareman wrote: »
    Sorry about that, thought he had it coming around the bend, winner led from the off

It was done at 1.3 in running, so someone else thought it looked a winner

Didn't seem to want to go past, but a good effort all the same

Keep the tips coming , its what keep the thread going :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Been given a good word for Gossiping 8.30 newmarket 7/4 skybet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭droidman123

Never apologise for a losing tip,people can make their own minds up if they want to back it or not.keep them coming

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Been given a good word for Gossiping 8.30 newmarket 7/4 skybet

2nd :(

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

Been word for thelobstercatcher 8:20 Kilbeggan 11-1

Also fancy One Pursuit Hamilton 19:25 at 20-1

I dont accept your apology !! :mad: :mad: :mad:

:pac:

magicmoves wrote: »
    Been word for thelobstercatcher 8:20 Kilbeggan 11-1

Also fancy One Pursuit Hamilton 19:25 at 20-1

There's been word for this before.
    Due to go in someday, hopefully today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

There's been word for this before.
    Due to go in someday, hopefully today.

If he wins keep an eye out for a fella running out on the course to give the horse a deserved swig of a pint of Heineken. That would be me.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,320 ✭✭✭CH3OH

2nd :(

Actually 6th

• Advertisement

Give him a sup a heineken anyway - ran its heart out.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement