Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tips Thread (fancies go elsewhere) - READ MOD NOTE in POST 1 before posting!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

uranna and avant tout run tomorrow in thurlas. Word is that uranna expected to be much better than her last run when she had problems, avant tout also expected to make this step up. Ruby rides both and both are currently second favourites. small stake for win each or maybe even double ?

Urano 7/1 winner today gooosey

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭gooseygander

Ha, well done but it's a different horse to Uranna. Mullins trains both Uranna and Urano. Easy mistake to make, hope you made a few bob out of it bumper

• Registered Users Posts: 7,320 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Ha, well done but it's a different horse to Uranna. Mullins trains both Uranna and Urano. Easy mistake to make, hope you made a few bob out of it bumper

Uranna entered in a race on 25th Thurles 14:05

• Registered Users Posts: 5,681 ✭✭✭BumperD

That's so funny. Thought it was the same one when I was going through the results this evening, no bet, just spotted him in the results and fell for the name trap!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Ok guys,heres the story on Shalaman in the 7 05 at Dundalk.

His new trainer thinks he will get 2 miles,i am not so sure,if he does stay he is a certainty.
    They want him to win to gain a higher rating which will help him get into a race outside Ireland.

It is not easy to read the race,chances are that there will not be much pace on and that might ensure he gets the trip.

However the horse is suited by a strong gallop and he won't get it here so I have had €50 on and that is a very small bet for me on one that is strongly fancied.
    If it was a shorter trip I would have a monkey on at least.

• Advertisement

His new trainer thinks he will get 2 miles,i am not so sure,if he does stay he is a certainty.
    They want him to win to gain a higher rating which will help him get into a race outside Ireland.

It is not easy to read the race,chances are that there will not be much pace on and that might ensure he gets the trip.

However the horse is suited by a strong gallop and he won't get it here so I have had €50 on and that is a very small bet for me on one that is strongly fancied.

Didnt stay the trip.

Lost the €50 but my belief that he might not stay was correct.
    Seemed to be galloping all over the field then found nothing.
    Smullen must have thought he would stay as he went on a bit soon,should have held on to the horse for a late run in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,775 ✭✭✭✭Slattsy

Thought he stayed fine. Beaten by a better horse that traveled even better into the straight, no excuses.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

100% agree.

Slattsy wrote: »
    Thought he stayed fine. Beaten by a better horse that traveled even better into the straight, no excuses.

That is what makes the game so interesting and what fuels Betfair.

We all see things differently and we bet accordingly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

True that. These threads make it even more interesting imo. Although some of the comments can be blunt in the heat of the moment, it's great having people position their opinions and information.

Without going on too much in what is probably the wrong forum,i would like to see some selected races studied,analysed and conclusions reached and explained in an easy to read fashion.

The purpose of this would be to point punters in the right direction towards having a bet.

I would certainly agree to do a pretty thorough examination and post the result here for comments on whether or not my conclusions were A, sensible and B,worth backing and posters giving contrary opinions without offending anyone and the sole purpose of the exercise would be to find a value bet.

Uranna goes tomorrow in thurlas. Ruby will be on board and word is horse is in great shape, win is expected. Will be very short so maybe not much value. A bit of a gamble will be tarabyin at around 6 to 1. Ruby also rides and horse will be trying its best also. In good form on gallops also but up against some good horses

Uranna goes tomorrow in thurlas. Ruby will be on board and word is horse is in great shape, win is expected. Will be very short so maybe not much value. A bit of a gamble will be tarabyin at around 6 to 1. Ruby also rides and horse will be trying its best also. In good form on gallops also but up against some good horses

Easiest of wins for Uranna, never even hit 3rd gear

My old friend Shalaman is out again tonight in the 8 oc Dundalk.
    Watersmeet from the Johnson yard is odds on for this fastrack qualifier for Lingfield and comes here because it appears easier than some of the british qualifiers.
    Shalaman is well fancied if there is any pace on and his finishing kick can be decisive.

If there is no pace on Shalaman may struggle but as there are two possible front runners i can see him come from last to first from the final bend.
    Trainer is happy with him and trying for his life 5/1 is a good price.
    PP giving money back for 2nd up to 25 euro so i am on in 2 offices.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

My old friend Shalaman is out again tonight in the 8 oc Dundalk.
    Watersmeet from the Johnson yard is odds on for this fastrack qualifier for Lingfield and comes here because it appears easier than some of the british qualifiers.
    Shalaman is well fancied if there is any pace on and his finishing kick can be decisive.

If there is no pace on Shalaman may struggle but as there are two possible front runners i can see him come from last to first from the final bend.
    Trainer is happy with him and trying for his life 5/1 is a good price.
    PP giving money back for 2nd up to 25 euro so i am on in 2 offices.

if thats the way it goes might be great to do an in race bet?

The money back if 2nd to fav tempted me to get on ew early.

I just received word that Harry's Pampanini is fancied for the bumper at 5 35 at Newbury.
    A cheap purchase at 10,000 thi first time out horse is going well at home I do not like punting horses having their first run but the word I got was good so I backed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭magicmoves

I just received word that Harry's Pampanini is fancied for the bumper at 5 35 at Newbury.
    A cheap purchase at 10,000 thi first time out horse is going well at home I do not like punting horses having their first run but the word I got was good so I backed it.

Harry Fry has already a few winners today so the stable is in form.

A couple of poor tips today,Shalaman ran no sort of race and now he is off the list,he might be thinking about the game now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭knighted

A couple of poor tips today,Shalaman ran no sort of race and now he is off the list,he might be thinking about the game now.

Shalaman sat off the pace , didnt do anything wrong , made a move but couldnt get to the pace setters
    nothing could be done with those tactics

Those who are on here for a while should be aware that I know the sp where Longhouse Hall is concerned and I have tipped him when a winner a couple of times.

He runs in the Coral on wed at Chel following a layoff after a fall over fences.

His owner loves a bet and following a good report from the trainer that the horse is in great order connections have backed at 25s with irish bookies and he is now 16s,though 25s still available with some british bookies.

A live one from a good yard well worth supporting ew in the competitive Coral Cup.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,961 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

Those who are on here for a while should be aware that I know the sp where Longhouse Hall is concerned and I have tipped him when a winner a couple of times.

He runs in the Coral on wed at Chel following a layoff after a fall over fences.

His owner loves a bet and following a good report from the trainer that the horse is in great order connections have backed at 25s with irish bookies and he is now 16s,though 25s still available with some british bookies.

A live one from a good yard well worth supporting ew in the competitive Coral Cup.

I've him backed since the 2nd of March as I know the owner :)

Uranna goes again today in Limerick, connections and yard still confident horse is in great form and are expect to go very close, currently 2 to 1 and second Fav in the race, paddy power offering money back special if Your horse is runner up to Fav. Word was spot on last time so worth a few shekels me thinks

Montbazon is fancied for the county hurdle,was going to run in the coral but did not get in 25s is a good price and horse is expected to run well despite layoff.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,320 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Montbazon is fancied for the county hurdle,was going to run in the coral but did not get in 25s is a good price and horse is expected to run well despite layoff.

Backed it.

Wife says: which one is it?

I'm just pointing it out as the jockey gets shot skywards

oh well!

• Registered Users Posts: 33 salfordseven

Any word for Firebird Flyer today Zimmer?

• Registered Users Posts: 33 salfordseven

Any word for Firebird Flyer today Zimmer?

Went with it anyway due to the Welsh National performance, lucky though took 14s wonder if Betfred was best odds.

Thanks Zimmer for the earlier info I wouldn't have backed it otherwise.

Went with it anyway due to the Welsh National performance, lucky though took 14s wonder if Betfred was best odds.

Thanks Zimmer for the earlier info I wouldn't have backed it otherwise.

Last night was my final night in Portugal,had free wifi in the hotel and what with the night that was in it had a bit too much to drink (an understatement) and did not check the runners for today.
    Got the Indo on the flight this morning,saw Firebird down to run,texted my man as plane lane landed in Dub and got no reply.

Rang another buddy and he heard nothing so i asked him to have a tenner ew on for me,it was a poor effort from myself as i know the horse is an out and out stayer and i should have had at least a score ew.
    My only problem was the ground as he loves it heavy,i got a call later to say he was a lucky winner and €200 was waiting for me tonight when i go for a few pints later.
    My contact told me later that Evan was hopeful of a good run and told him have a few quid ew and that is the story.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Got word for Ashraf in the 4.55 Curragh today.

From someone who doesn't back or follow horses. Was speaking with someone close to connections recently & was given two horses, the other won a few days ago.

Take what you want from this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement