Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tips Thread (fancies go elsewhere) - READ MOD NOTE in POST 1 before posting!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,699 ✭✭✭zimmermania

Lost 200 today despite getting Forgivienne placed at 10s,MacGregory came down when staying on in 4th according to ATT and I put up the 1st and 2nd both unraced in the 9 05 Ffos Laas.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

Lost 200 today despite getting Forgivienne placed at 10s,MacGregory came down when staying on in 4th according to ATT and I put up the 1st and 2nd both unraced in the 9 05 Ffos Laas.

yep I had them in a double e/w as well.

Managed to make a good profit on curious carlo and rose revived though

should be easier today, less races, more focus. Quite fancy smash williams in the 4:15 maas

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

MacGregory in trouble and treading water a long way off. Good few days all the same.

MacGregory in trouble and treading water a long way off. Good few days all the same.

Not that it matters too much but the race report on At the Races states "held up staying on in fourth when fell 3 out".

My contact tells me that my old favourite, Longhouse Hall is doing his best today in the 4 20 Uttox,he is now back over fences and they are expecting a good run.

The lads in the yard fancy Cuff in the 3 40 at Naas today

• Advertisement

Not that it matters too much but the race report on At the Races states "held up staying on in fourth when fell 3 out".

Sur watch the finish and see what you think yourself.

Sur watch the finish and see what you think yourself.
    Oh I did see the race and it was a bit too soon to know what would have happened,a place would have done me.

Just got word from a serious punter that Peace Envoy is very strongly fancied to win the 3 10 at Naas and I backed it at 9/4.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Just got word from a serious punter that Peace Envoy is very strongly fancied to win the 3 10 at Naas and I backed it at 9/4.

Nice call thanks, bit worried when he half hit rail in final furlong but won a shade cosily given that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Good man yourself :)
    Did it hit the rail a furlong or so out as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭minibear

cheers yet again zimmermania. :D

Buddy97mm wrote: »
    Nice call thanks, bit worried when he half hit rail in final furlong but won a shade cosily given that.

Don't quite know what happened,seemed to change his legs and take a false step maybe as a result of hitting the rail but battled well when it mattered and landed a good bet for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Don't quite know what happened,seemed to change his legs and take a false step maybe as a result of hitting the rail but battled well when it mattered and landed a good bet for me.

Certainly lost some momentum when it happened, so great credit to battle on and win in spite of the incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭FLOOPER

Great stuff Zimmer. Thanks again. Saves my weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Great stuff Zimmer took the double on cuff and peace envoy,thanks a million again

NATLOR wrote: »
    Great stuff Zimmer took the double on cuff and peace envoy,thanks a million again

Well done I just had a single but was on at 7/2 now that's what I consider a great price,yesterdays losses back and a good bit with it but I just wonder if Moore did not get the gap on the inside would we be smiling now?

My punter friend rang me and said if the Sheikh does not fall off Landwade Lad in the 5 45 at Naas the horse cannot lose.Can be backed at 1/1

• Registered Users Posts: 35,994 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Landwade Lad must have been corrupted. A lot of money came for it and they threw race, I'm sure they done well.
    Red Aggressor was value in hindsight , has run in many grade 1 , 2 and 3 races.

Cheers for the tips Zimmer. Looking at my posts it looks like I'm having a go sometimes, but you definitely inject some life and some good opinions and tips into the forum and it's the better for it. I call it as I see it sometimes but I appreciate your input. I'll buy you a pint if we ever have a meet.

Landwade Lad must have been corrupted. A lot of money came for it and they threw race, I'm sure they done well.
    Red Aggressor was value in hindsight , has run in many grade 1 , 2 and 3 races.

it was a charity race, not the best thing to bet on tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭sting60

Ridden by a sheik with estimated wealth of 200 billion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭manafana

sting60 wrote: »
    Ridden by a sheik with estimated wealth of 200 billion.

more money than sense

it was a charity race, not the best thing to bet on tbh
    Dead on.

Cheers for the tips Zimmer. Looking at my posts it looks like I'm having a go sometimes, but you definitely inject some life and some good opinions and tips into the forum and it's the better for it. I call it as I see it sometimes but I appreciate your input. I'll buy you a pint if we ever have a meet.

No prob,I post as much as is safe to post from what I hear.
    I also put up some of my own fancies when I think one is value and I never mind what anyone else posts about my view of things.

Gary Moore pulled out Searching and Le Capricieux yesterday because of the ground,Searching runs in the 1 30 at Hun 9/4 PP and Le Capricieux 15/8 generally in the 2 oc Hun.
    Both are well fancied by the trainer who believes the watered ground will be ok for them today.
    I will see the 1 30 but the weather is too nice so golf in the afternoon.

Gary Moore pulled out Searching and Le Capricieux yesterday because of the ground,Searching runs in the 1 30 at Hun 9/4 PP and Le Capricieux 15/8 generally in the 2 oc Hun.
    Both are well fancied by the trainer who believes the watered ground will be ok for them today.
    I will see the 1 30 but the weather is too nice so golf in the afternoon.

lovely on Searching, cheers :D

Number 7 6 30 Ripon,no write up no talk get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 576 ✭✭✭mick malones mauser

Savannahs Dream

Yes I was told last night this is O'Mearas best 2 year old,backed it at 8/1
    However I wouldn't be backing heavy on a first time out 2 year old .
    but that said .....lets hope it does the business

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭minibear

I've re-invested some of *your* winnings zimmer. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

In my haste I backed the No 7 in the 7:30 at Ripon @80 ew :eek:

Cash out is currently 120 so dunno should I just leave it and take the chance.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement