Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Tips Thread (fancies go elsewhere) - READ MOD NOTE in POST 1 before posting!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Noland

following another 2 selections and 2 winners at Cheltenham yesterday - have 3 racing and 3 football bets for today onlineif your interested.

all tips are free, best of luck and hope you win some money

Nolandbets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭venividivici

3rd time lucky hopefully, got a call at 12 today saying that North South Divide in the 7.20 Wolverhampton is a cert!! The guy who rang works with a relative of Kevin Ryan, who trains the horse, and they expect it to 'bolt up'!! Last time I looked it was 2/1 with all the main bookies!! As always no gun to anyones head but good luck!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭qc3

Recieved a call from a friend of harry rogers. He's expecting good runs from 3 of his horses tonight
    6.30 Gandolfini @ 20/1
    7.00 irish reel @ 10/1
    8.30 Moon luck @ 8/1
    check them out and see what you think.

ATR view on 6.30 and 8.30

ROMEO'S ON FIRE is proven around here and has continued to run well despite a steady climb in the weights. He put in another decent effort over course and distance latest and Ger Lyons continues to enjoy plenty of success around here. Russian Empress is interesting on this drop back from a mile. She's been in good form over the longer trip but sprinting suits and she's got place claims. Gandolphini didn't get home over 7f here last time and should get a lot closer over this trip.

IMPRESSIONIST ART has been knocking on the door and handled the polytrack well when second here last time out. She has no problem with the trip and should go very close again. Spring Hawk runs off the same mark as her encouraging second over course and distance latest. She is open to improvement and can make her presence felt again. Moon Luck is consistent at this level and was only two lengths off the pace here last time out.

• Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭neonitrix

3rd time lucky hopefully, got a call at 12 today saying that North South Divide in the 7.20 Wolverhampton is a cert!! The guy who rang works with a relative of Kevin Ryan, who trains the horse, and they expect it to 'bolt up'!! Last time I looked it was 2/1 with all the main bookies!! As always no gun to anyones head but good luck!!!!

ran an awful race - didnt bet but was keeping an eye on

neo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 173 ✭✭venividivici

I wish I didn't make it to back it, absolutely shocking!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭tiptap

Figaro Flyer, 16/1 e/w

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭markhiggins

nothing spectacular but have a good word from solwhits connections about the fighting fifth today. said the same before beating hurricane fly so might be worth a punt

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

Newbury 2.40. My Will might be worth a small punt e/w @29.0
    Barbershop @ 7.0

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Moscow Flyer

9.20 Wolver Caledonia Prince

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

9.20 Wolver Caledonia Prince

finished 8th

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Chonaic

Motion: To have this thread renamed the "Bull****ters Blog", or at the very least set up a new selections thread where these people who have supposedly got word/phonecall/email/pigeon in the back-garden to post in, it is getting embarssing the amount of "i just talked to the trainer/owner who said he wont be beaten" posts where the horse hasnt even jumped over three hurdles/fences.

If these people are genuinely getting the word, they are either as thick as a plank and/or the person who is passing on doesnt like them; unless of course they are picking there own tips and saying that they are getting info, which is actually more pathetic than actually getting bad info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Noland

most of the time someone say they spoke to someone its crap and they probably got a text off their friend or picked it out themselves. if you were not talking to the jockey,owner or trainer then don't say you were why lie?

below my selections which i think will return a profit for the day i picked them from form study (i was not talking to any owners or jockeys)

Saturday 05th December.

05/12/2009 Sandown 1.25 Sonowyouno @ 6/5 2 pts
    05/12/2009 Navan 1.00 Osana @ 4/9 2 pts
    05/12/2009 Navan 2.00 Quinola Des Obeaux @ 2/5 2.5 pts
    05/12/2009 Sandown 3.00 Overstrand @ 9/4 1.5 pts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Cousin is on Craig Lea for Howard Johnson in the bumper at 2.10 at Wetherby today. 14/1 with PP. Not exactly a tip but I've posted his rides up here before and he reckons he has a chance of a place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Collie D wrote: »
    Cousin is on Craig Lea for Howard Johnson in the bumper at 2.10 at Wetherby today. 14/1 with PP. Not exactly a tip but I've posted his rides up here before and he reckons he has a chance of a place.

4th...didn't see race...but from what I have heard he led for a bit before fading towards the end and winner won by about six lengths...jockey was too weak according to one person and horse not good enough according to another.

well a loose meaning of the word nag...its a dog!

stephen gray the odds compiler for pp's dogs coverage gives a nap on each of the afternoons cards, his one that went at Hove this afternoon was 4/1 and it won.

this evenings tip in Belle Vue is Trap 2 in the 6 04.

i dont ever back dogs really but this fella knows what he is doing so its worth a go

and thats why i dont back dogs

• Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Late word for Fitzolini @ 4/1 in the 17:50

Hopefully no one seen this!. Brutal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭Trafford Lad

I just noticed that tomorrow Ger Lyons sends Dohasa over to Kempton for the 8:20 race. Might be worth keeping an eye on tomorrow.

A lot of irish flat horses are travelling over to england for all weather racing because Dundalk is closed.
    the 8.20 is a Valuable race,trading @ 2.5 on betfair. Dohasa Should win this.

TIP OF THE DAY
    Based on recent form, Dohasa could well be a class above his rivals in the Listed Sunbury Stakes, and with him proven on Polytrack, and running over his optimum trip of 7f, he's the one to beat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 283 ✭✭Trafford Lad

^^ Dohasa wins at 6/5, got 11/8 at lunchtime. Sweet :).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

seabass 3.05 clonmell, opened at 4's into 5/2 now and shortening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Kod-box

2nd ffs.

for once i think ruby gave it a bad ride.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭kingshankly

well a loose meaning of the word nag...its a dog!

stephen gray the odds compiler for pp's dogs coverage gives a nap on each of the afternoons cards, his one that went at Hove this afternoon was 4/1 and it won.

this evenings tip in Belle Vue is Trap 2 in the 6 04.

i dont ever back dogs really but this fella knows what he is doing so its worth a go

And odds compiller paid by paddy power giving tips in paddy power shops,
    avoid at all costs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,777 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

avoid at all costs

Agreed. I have to laugh when I see Paddy Power/Leon Blanch(sp) etc giving tips on tv during the big meetings. Its like when they offer specials- just a way to put punters off a more likely winner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

avoid at all costs

I've been in PP's when every enhanced price of the day was a winner. Don't know about the regularity but they had a miserable day that day! Must have been at least eight prices they took a hiding on.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Clemon

7:50 Wolverhampton Tonight
    Ravi River-12/1 with Paddy Power

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Nulty wrote: »
    I've been in PP's when every enhanced price of the day was a winner. Don't know about the regularity but they had a miserable day that day! Must have been at least eight prices they took a hiding on.

But what price were the horses on betfair gurantee you the shop price was lower

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I've seen 3 tips for the 7.50! Autumn Blades and Mirandas Girl being the others.

• Advertisement

I was given Tourist. Now i'm confused looking at the racecard.:confused::confused:
    It's hard to look past the Fav

John Babb on WH radio goes for Chief Exec e/w but likes Arteus

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭thirstywork

New Christmas in the 9.20 @ 13-8 nap
    a LITTLE E-W ON WEST KIRK IN THE 8.50 @ 13-2

Have Bestowed and Be A Devil in a double, Fingers crossed;);)

Clemon wrote: »
    7:50 Wolverhampton Tonight
    Ravi River-12/1 with Paddy Power

6th @14/1

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

I've not posted in here in a long time.

Just got a phonecall about Final Question in the 2.20 in Limerick - around 4's. Got the tip from someone who has never ever given me a tip! That's all I can tell you folks as thats all I got.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,777 ✭✭✭✭thesandeman

I've not posted in here in a long time.

Just got a phonecall about Final Question in the 2.20 in Limerick - around 4's. Got the tip from someone who has never ever given me a tip! That's all I can tell you folks as thats all I got.

Won it last year 7to2 atm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Schindlers Tune at the 3.20 in Limerick. Have a tenner e/w.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 harryR

bit late but DONA in the 2;15 in taunton should win.. mates da has a share in it..kings horses arent going well though.. unlucky to be second last time out

harryR wrote: »
    bit late but DONA in the 2;15 in taunton should win.. t

8th @ 9/2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 harryR

yeah brutal it was..paid a lot of money for that horse..came from france i think.. would of been up today only for that screw

• Advertisement

Tramore 12:35 Diophas

Tramore 1.35 Golden Gem

Tramore 2.35 Pipers Blaze

Got these for tomorrow. Any opinions?

From whom? Owners are hopless sources, trainers are better.

mike65 wrote: »
    From whom? Owners are hopless sources, trainers are better.

I got them off a mate down in Waterford, who got them off owners (of different horses) and a lad who works at Tramore racecourse.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Clemon

Tramore 12:35 Diophas

Tramore 1.35 Golden Gem

Tramore 2.35 Pipers Blaze

Got these for tomorrow. Any opinions?

1st two horses were 2nd last horse unplaced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

2.05 Southwell. Willie Martin e/w. 12.0

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

4:45 Kempton - Brazilian Bush @ 9/4

Bolted up in 6f handicap at Southwell last week and not disgraced dropped to 5f when second back there on Sunday. This surface not a problem and worth sticking with back at this trip, best horse in the race and should be in with a great chance

x PyRo wrote: »
    4:45 Kempton - Brazilian Brush @ 9/4

Bolted up in 6f handicap at Southwell last week and not disgraced dropped to 5f when second back there on Sunday. This surface not a problem and worth sticking with back at this trip, best horse in the race and should be in with a great chance

The horse needs to be shot!. Woeful altogether. :o

Edit - Didn't even have the horses name right in my post!. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

A few euro each way on ho ho ho in the 4.10 at wolverhampton,around 14/1.
    Meath All Star,can be got at 3/1 with ladbrokes 1.35 ffos las

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭yaaaboy

dont normally post tips up here but got a call off a friend of a friend who knows somebody who works for a trainer etc...(usual crap), he says west of the border in the 4.05 at naas today is a banker. Hes 3/1 in boyles now but around 8/1 on betfair.

The last 3 or 4 tips he gave me have won!

Drifting like a barge 7/1 on PP, now 8s

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement