Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Tips Thread (fancies go elsewhere) - READ MOD NOTE in POST 1 before posting!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭yaaaboy

mike65 wrote: »
    Drifting like a barge 7/1 on PP, now 8s

ya that donkey did my money there anyway, hopefully i put it up so soon before the race nobody backed it. apparently noel meade often has horses that run badly and then when the odds are long on them and they have been backed they win. Hollo ladies springs to mind, i backed him before in a race where he finished 5th as a favourite and then he won a race or two later at 25/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

yaaaboy wrote: »
    ya that donkey did my money there anyway, hopefully i put it up so soon before the race nobody backed it. apparently noel meade often has horses that run badly and then when the odds are long on them and they have been backed they win. Hollo ladies springs to mind, i backed him before in a race where he finished 5th as a favourite and then he won a race or two later at 25/1

Always expect the unexpected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

greetings wrote: »
    A few euro each way on ho ho ho in the 4.10 at wolverhampton,around 14/1.
    Meath All Star,can be got at 3/1 with ladbrokes 1.35 ffos las

Meath all star won, ho ho ho no good.
    8.00 kempton tonight,I quite like kinigi. 6/1 ladbrokes. ew.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭allthedoyles

greetings wrote: »
    Meath all star won, ho ho ho no good.
    8.00 kempton tonight,I quite like kinigi. 6/1 ladbrokes. ew.

kinigi was 4th @ 9/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭el diablo

pronoy wrote: »
    hi,

Thanks for this.
    What's your game posting the same thing in multiple threads? :rolleyes:

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Peopleton Brook 1.10 Lingfield
    Striker Torres 2.15 Lingfield
    Thoughtsofstardom 5.30 Kempton

Mates tips, but muck.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭colly54

worst tips ever man!!!:(
    learn something about horses would you..... i had 50 on striker torres:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I have to laugh at both of you, one tries to pass off failed tips as someone elses work and someone is dumb enough to to stick decent money on a random internet tip.

• Advertisement

I have to laugh at both of you, one tries to pass off failed tips as someone elses work and someone is dumb enough to to stick decent money on a random internet tip.

he was tipped everywhere u spa!!!!!
    maybe if u checked you would know:eek:

They're colly54's tips, he just dragged me to the bookies during college.:D

They're colly54's tips, he just dragged me to the bookies during college.:D

i dont even know u man!!!

• Moderators Posts: 8,725 ✭✭✭x PyRo

colly54 wrote: »
    he was tipped everywhere u spa!!!!!

:rolleyes: You seem like the intelligent sort.

x PyRo wrote: »
    :rolleyes: You seem like the intelligent sort.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

i missed him when he won at 10's last time out

• Advertisement

i missed him when he won at 10's last time out

he won at 20/1 around a month ago.

5.25 Doncaster; Hidden In Time. 25/1

Got a text off my mate who works in a bookies and said it's a good punt e/w, usually doesn't give me tips unless there useful.

5.25 Doncaster; Hidden In Time. 25/1

Got a text off my mate who works in a bookies and said it's a good punt e/w, usually doesn't give me tips unless there useful.

4th Place, so close to getting 3rd.:(

Was well backed too. Unlucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭qc3

2.40 gowran park Concrete and clay.
    Dual winner on the Flat and won a maiden hurdle at Thurles when last seen over jumps over 2 years ago. Should be good enough even after a long lay off.9/1

• Advertisement

qc3 wrote: »
    2.40 gowran park Concrete and clay.
    Dual winner on the Flat and won a maiden hurdle at Thurles when last seen over jumps over 2 years ago. Should be good enough even after a long lay off.9/1

12th

3.40 Clonmel, Braveheart, 9/1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

3.40 Clonmel, Braveheart, 9/1.
    p.u.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Press The Button. 3:05 Sandown. 10/1. PP.com are paying 5 places too.

p.u.

WTF does that mean?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,580 ✭✭✭bassy

pulled up? or is it a bad comment towards you?.
    WTF does that mean?

It's a bit sad that a new bookies needs to go on message boards to advertise via spamming, pay for some advertisements for Gods sake.

This is not how the job do their advertising!!!
    I work for them part time and i was looking through the threads so i just thought it might be useful to some ppl!

It's spamming at the end of the day, you should of at least done it before Cheltenham started so you'd get some people to sign up, not when it ends!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Was just giving the code, sorry if I offended ya by doing that!!:confused:

Although your giving an incentive, it's very much against the rules. Read the charter

See bolded below.
    Gambling Forum Charter - Please Read
    Gambling Forum Charter. Special thanks to cson for writing a large part of the text below.

Read this first and don’t gamble on getting a ban!

• The Gambling Forum is for discussion of all things gambling. However, where there is a different forum on boards for a topic, such as Poker, Horse Racing, or Greyhound Racing, items may be moved to the relevant forum at the moderators discretion.

•As with every forum on Boards.ie, there are rules, and breaking these rules could result in a warning or a ban. Do not do any of the following:

1. Posting off topic. These threads will be deleted, and a ban may be handed out at the mods discretion.
    2. Outbursts of personal abuse/racism/hissy fits/sarcastic jibes/newbie bashing etc. will not be tolerated. These posts will be deleted, and for most of these offences a ban will follow at the mods discretion.
    3. Pimping sites or spamming. This is usually something that displeases the powerful types. Do this at your peril.
    4. Referral code pimping. This is an extension of rule 3. Wise posters use their signatures, but do not put the code in there either. Code available, PM for details, etc, etc.

If a post offends you or you think it is inappropriate to this forum please use the report post function. Do not get involved in slagging matches on the thread as this may get you in trouble too.

•The third rule of the Gambling forum is you do not afterpost. The fourth rule of the Gambling forum is you do not afterpost. The fifth rule of the gambling forum…. You get the idea. Afterposting is coming on here telling everybody about how much you won off a 12 fold accumulator. Unless you posted it on the forum beforehand, no-one cares. It’s very frowned upon around these parts.

•When posting a selection/tip please give a reasoning and background to the tip. In other words, don’t come on and say “Stick the house on XXXX to win, it’s a sure thing”. That sort of phrasing is not constructive, so is likely to earn a warning at least.

•Boards.ie is a private body, as such don’t post possibly libellous posts. You don’t have free speech. You don’t have free advertising either, so no commercial posts. Spam is not a type of food around here and will result in your banning. Possibly permanently.

•Moderators decision is final. If you have a problem with a moderator, take it to (a) Helpdesk or (b) Feedback. These can be found in the “Sys” drop down menu.

•If someone posts a tip/selection (with a reasoning behind it) and it loses, do not abuse them. Believe it or not you didn’t have to follow the tip.

• Gambling can be a problem, and while the majority of topics on these boards will be for fun, if you allow yourself to get to obsessed with it, gambling can change your life for the worst. There are organisations that can help if you think you or a loved one may have a problem. If in doubt, then seek help here : www.gamblersanonymous.ie

Please see the post below to help decide if you may have a problem.

It's spamming at the end of the day, you should of at least done it before Cheltenham started so you'd get some people to sign up, not when it ends!
    Which bookie was he spamming us with?

• Advertisement

el diablo wrote: »
    Which bookie was he spamming us with?

The same one alot of others were. Won't give the name, Bet-something ;).

Very unprofessional of them. I will never use their services now because they're clearly desperate for customers.

The same one alot of others were. Won't give the name, Bet-something ;).

Very unprofessional of them. I will never use their services now because they're clearly desperate for customers.
    Lots of bookies begin with Bet... :eek:

el diablo wrote: »
    Lots of bookies begin with Bet... :eek:

There's a thread on them here, don't want to give the lousy feckers free advertisement. :D

There's a thread on them here, don't want to give the lousy feckers free advertisement. :D
    Ok, I see it now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

Le Cadre Noir e/w 3.20 curragh 12/1

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭will1977

Tequila Lord 1540 Thurles 10/1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭Vanbis

will1977 wrote: »
    Tequila Lord 1540 Thurles 10/1

Donkey finished about 15th or further.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭Goldcupfav

SHIELA'S BOND is going in the 5.10 at Lingfield today.Bit of money for her already. This is the trainers recent quote from a stable tour by at the races.Plenty of rain forecast today so should make it a bit more of a stamina test.

Ch f Monsieur Bond - Loreto Rose.
    Won third start, nine furlong maiden at Wolverhampton March 3 beating Tomintoul Star a neck. Rated exploitable 56.
    "Honest filly that would have won easier last time if there had been more pace and I think 56 is a seriously lenient mark for a mile - mile and a quarter handicap. Turf is fine for her and could run up a little sequence."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Nulty

Goldcupfav wrote: »
    SHIELA'S BOND is going in the 5.10 at Lingfield today.Bit of money for her already. This is the trainers recent quote from a stable tour by at the races.Plenty of rain forecast today so should make it a bit more of a stamina test.

Ch f Monsieur Bond - Loreto Rose.
    Won third start, nine furlong maiden at Wolverhampton March 3 beating Tomintoul Star a neck. Rated exploitable 56.
    "Honest filly that would have won easier last time if there had been more pace and I think 56 is a seriously lenient mark for a mile - mile and a quarter handicap. Turf is fine for her and could run up a little sequence."

Disappointing run from her. Stan Moore hasn't had a winner in a few weeks after a great start to the year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 pugo79

telenor 4.05 fairyhouse today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,941 ✭✭✭krustydoyle

Got serious word for Hidden Cyclone Gowran 6.15 today..
    I got 4's so the rest is up to you.

Nice one thanks !!

Nice one thanks !!

No Bothers, won well after.. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 115 ✭✭arch staunton

missed it:mad: but well done ,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

I've fairly strong info on a Newbury runner tomorrow, can only put it up after the race...

Just kiddin, will put it up after 12.

• Advertisement

consultech wrote: »
    I've fairly strong info on a Newbury runner tomorrow, can only put it up after the race...

Just kiddin, will put it up after 12.

Is it Canford Cliffs ??? lol

Is it Canford Cliffs ??? lol

Nope nope. In the spring cup.

Can i asked why you haven't posted it yet ??

Ive been asked not to; I'll give u two hours notice on it tomoro after 12.

Just post if your gonna post it... :rolleyes:

Its a 24 runner race so how good can it be??

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement